An Innovator's Dream Is Another's Disruptive Technology
- Fresno AT&T remodel sign of evolving company. Dillard, Gabriel // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;6/25/2010, Issue 324196, p3
The article reports on the evolution of Dallas, Texas-based AT&T Inc. from a telephone company to a data technology company as it lands an exclusive contract to be the wireless carrier for Apple Inc.'s revolutionary iPhone.
- Digital wireless system touted as freeing workers from desks. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;10/18/93 - 10/25/93, Vol. 5 Issue 39, p18
Reports on American Telephone & Telegraph Co.'s digital wireless communications systems products. TransTalk 9000 Digital Wireless System; Multiphone, multiline system; Elimination of telephone wires in the office; Multiline digital cordless phone for business called Digital Business Cordless;...
- Wireless workplace. Teresko, John; Stevens, Tim // Industry Week/IW;3/21/94, Vol. 243 Issue 6, p69
Describes American Telephone and Telegraph's TransTalk 9000 digital wireless system. Applications.
- Spending, revenue diverge. Gubbins, Ed // Telephony;8/14/2006, Vol. 247 Issue 13, p11
The article focuses on the decision of North American telecommunication companies to increase their spending on wireline networks for the second quarter of 2006. Moreover, analysts are confused when majority of these companies reduce their spending on wireless networks. Currently, carriers are...
- Cellular blues. // Executive Report;Sep95, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p7
Reports on the development of the SpectrumMaster radio frequency filter for cellular telephones by Illinois Superconductor Corporation (ISCO) and AT&T. ISCO's discovery of ways to enhance two-way signal transmission for static-free calling and to expand call-carrying capacity of cellular systems.
- It's summer--and wireless is in the air. McCarthy, Vance // Telephony;6/19/95, Vol. 228 Issue 25, p26
Discusses developments in wireless technology. Cellular digital packet data (CDPD) service from AT&T's McCraw Cellular division; Metricom Inc.'s Richocet service; Analogy to David and Goliath; Capabilities; Specifications; Implications.
- BRIEFS. // InfoWorld;12/17/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 51, p16
Presents news briefs on the wireless communications technology industry in the United States as of December 17, 2001. Partnership between WorldCom and AT&T on an Internet service agreement; Integration of Bluetooth wireless technology in Microsoft Windows XP software; Decision of the BlueArc...
- AT&T pushes enterprise WiMax. Nobel, Carmen // eWeek;6/20/2005, Vol. 22 Issue 25, p18
The article reports that At&t Corp. is determined to make a case for fixed wireless WiMax technology for urban, corporate environments. In October, the Bedminster, New Jersey, carrier will roll out a WiMax trial for several customers in Atlanta, with hopes of following that with commercial...
- Wireless communications for workplace. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);12/20/93, Vol. 40 Issue 51, p28
Announces AT&T's rollout of its TransTalk 9000 Digital Wireless System, a multiphone, multiline system which serves to kick off a family of digital wireless communication systems. Release of AT&T Digital Business Cordless; Features and capacities of both systems; Pricing.