Three Firms To Watch
- Wireless service debuts. Moore, Cathleen // InfoWorld;03/20/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p18
Reports on the optical transceiver offered by TeraBeam Networks. Issues pertaining to last-mile broadband connectivity for businesses that the device will address; Plans of TeraBeam for the technology; Data transmission capability of the device.
- A New Kind of CDMA. Walley, Wayne // Global Telephony;Jun2000, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p8
Reports on LinkAir Communications Inc.'s introduction of large area synchronized code division multiple access (LAS-CDMA) technology. Enabling of operators to deal with the growth in wireless subscribers and demand for wireless Internet services; Codes used to reduce interference; How the...
- Smart antennas go broadband. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;11/29/99, Vol. 237 Issue 22, p92
Reports the development of I-Burst, an Internet Protocol-based wireless technology by ArrayComm company. Comment from Martin Cooper, chairman and director of the company; Details on the requirements of addressing the market; Comparison of the product with other technology.
- ArrayComm merges Redback technology with i-Burst. // RCR;05/29/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 22, p32
Reports on the integration of ArrayComm Inc.'s i-Burst technology with Redback Networks' Subscriber Management System to produce wireless systems for wired networks.
- TERABEAM SELECTED FOR NCS 'BACKUP DIAL TONE NETWORK' // Computer Protocols;May2003, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the selection of Terabeam Corp. for a wireless communication system project of the U.S. National Communications System.
- U.S. technology players head to Australia with 3G offerings. Wendelken, Sandra // RCR Wireless News;4/2/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 14, p3
Reports that Qualcomm Inc. and Arraycomm are planning to launch their wireless communication technologies in the Australian market.
- Portable Internet, As Subscribers Like It. Lockwood, Judith // Wireless Week;09/20/99, Vol. 5 Issue 38, p3
Provides information on i-BURST, a wireless Internet technology developed by ArrayComm Inc. Capabilities of i-BURST; Licensing plans for the technology.
- ArrayComm leader says industry still lacks maturity. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR Wireless News;10/9/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 41, p20
Reports on the comments of ArrayComm Inc. chief executive officer Martin Cooper on the uncertainties of the growth and stability of wireless communication systems.
- ARRAYCOMM OFFERS SOLUTION TO WIRELESS DATA DILEMMA. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;2/18/2002, Vol. 242 Issue 7, p19
Reports on the plan of ArrayComm to market its i-Burst system as a solution to the broadband wireless data dilemma. Capabilities of the i-Burst; Difference of i-Burst from direct service lines; Attitude of industry experts toward the technology of ArrayComm.