Bad News For Bulls In The Bear Market
- Stringing Communications Together. Rockwell, Mark // Wireless Week;10/7/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 36, p18
Reports that telecommunication companies are rolling out unified messaging or universal communications applications to smaller users in hopes of breathing life into a newborn market that includes connections with wireless services. Projection on the revenue for universal communications-based...
- Lucent aims for No. 1 spot in 3G. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;11/29/99, Vol. 18 Issue 48, p20
Focuses on Lucent Technologies Inc.'s goal of becoming the leader in the third-generation wireless communications arena in the United States. Expansion of its product portfolio in spread spectrum technology; Reorganization of its business strategy to become more of a network integrator for...
- U S West expands pact with Lucent to grow wireless networks. // RBOC Update;Apr2000, p1
Focuses on US West's expansion of its agreement with Lucent Technologies which will supply its digital wireless technology to keep US West customers on the leading edge of wireless personal communication services in the United States. Additional investment by US West in the Year 2000 to keep up...
- Network Infrastructure: Less of the Same. Weber, Toby // Telephony;2/10/2003, Vol. 244 Issue 3, p32
Focuses on the network infrastructure developments at the Wireless 2003 show of the Cellular Telecommunications and Internet Association in New Orleans, Louisiana. Demonstration of the 3G applications from Lucent Technologies Inc. and Nortel Networks Corp.; Migration path and upgrades on global...
- World Briefs. // RCR Wireless News;5/28/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 22, p38
Presents news briefs on the wireless communication industry from around the world as of May 28, 2001. Construction of a nationwide intelligent network and multimedia access infrastructure through a contract between Lucent Technologies Inc. and PT Telekomunikasi Indonesia Tbk; Reinvestment of...
- Lucent shows new CDMA products. // RCR;02/15/99, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p49
Features Lucent Technologies Inc.'s hardware and software options designed to provide investment protection to cdmaOne wireless operators. Features and functions; Deployment of existing cdma2000-IX channel elements in existing Autoplex networks using the options.
- Rainbow Puts Reins On WLANs. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;7/22/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 29, p4
Reports on the development of wireless hot spot networks by several telecommunication companies in the U.S. in July 2002. Significance of wireless hot spot networks to third generation networks; Move done by Lucent Technologies Inc. in its effort to develop wireless hot spot networks;...
- Crosstalk. // Telephony;10/16/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 16, p20
Presents updates on the wireless telecommunication industry in the United States as of October 16, 2000. Presentation of the Nobel Prize for Physics award to several innovators who contributed to the development of mobile telephones; Lucent's fourth quarter earnings in 2000.
- Lucent offers uniform network gateway, teams with SignalSoft. // RCR;11/8/99, Vol. 18 Issue 45, p18
Highlights Lucent Technologies Inc.'s debut of a uniform gateway to its Autoplex and Flexent Wireless Networks products. Chance of network operators to introduce personalized or user-customized wireless data services; Integration of SignalSoft's local.info product.