Lucent Sets Aside Funds For Bad Debt
- Lucent traces its origins back to 19th century. Lenckus, Dave // Business Insurance;05/01/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 18, p82
Features the Lucent Technologies Inc., a company that designs, develops, manufactures and markets communications systems and technologies. Company history; Acquisition activities; Financial performance for the year ended September 30, 1999; Technologies invented by Lucent's unit, Bell...
- Korean manufacturers to employ Lucent EVRC. // RCR;11/10/97, Vol. 16 Issue 44, p12
Reports that three South Korean wireless communications equipment manufactures are including Lucent Technologies Incorporated digital signal processor based compression and decompression (codec) technology in their Code Division Multiple Access wireless handsets and base stations. ...
- Optics overseas. // Telephony;12/21/98, Vol. 235 Issue 25, p54
Details the equipment being supplied by Lucent Technologies Inc. to service providers in the Netherlands, Spain, Korea, and China.
- Feeding frenzy. // Global Telephony;Oct99, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p24
Reports on merger-and-acquisition activities of Lucent Technologies Inc. in the United States telecommunications sector as of October 1999. Excel Switching Corp.; Xedia Corp.; Nexabit Networks; SpecTran Corp.; Ascend Communications.
- Lucent Throws The Work At Local Carriers. McGarvey, Joe // Inter@ctive Week;05/08/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 18, p86
Focuses on Lucent Technologies' ServiceWorks which is targeted at providing systems integration, design, consulting and maintenance service for emerging competitive local exchange carriers in the United States (U.S.). Estimated number of CLECs that have entered the U.S. market since 1996; Key...
- Lucent adds video to call centers. Davey, Tom // PC Week;12/09/96, Vol. 13 Issue 49, p46
Reports that Lucent Technologies Inc. has developed software which allows customer service representatives to meet with customers by exchanging voice, video and data via public kiosks. Marketing strategy; How Video MultiMedia Call Center works; Availability; Price; Components included; Lucent's...
- Lucent eyes hi-def IP video. // CED;May2000, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p18
Reports on Lucent Technologies and partners' preparation for the launch of GeoVideo Networks, a business venture that will harness an international Internet Protocol network to deliver real-time video. Markets to be covered by the venture during its initial rollout; Public television stations...
- Lucent completes UMTS data call. // RCR Wireless News;5/6/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 18, p15
Reports on the high-speed commercial UMTS data call completed by Lucent Technologies Inc. as of May 2002. Spectrum and transmission speed of the data call.
- Telecom empowered by convergence technology. Martinez, Jose // Caribbean Business;3/25/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p12
Reports on concept of convergence, the integration of data, voice and video and said to be the future of telecommunications. Focus on Lucent Technologies' Systemax systems.