Auction Takes Breather
- Lower 700 MHz auction set to start, rural auction ends. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;6/10/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 23, p11
Reports on the completion of the auction of several rural cellular licenses by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Licenses acquired by Western Wireless Corp. and Cingular Wireless LLC; Bidders for the paging licenses of lower 700 megahertz; Other auctions scheduled by the FCC.
- The lure of the LMDS buck. Brodsky, Ira // Wireless Review;05/15/98, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p50
Evaluates the Local Multipoint Distribution Service (LMDS) auction of the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Total winning bids at the auction; Discussion on exclusive licenses; Damage caused by exclusive A-block licenses.
- FCC's LMDS re-auction of 161 licenses fetches $45M. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;05/17/99, Vol. 18 Issue 20, p6
Announces the end of the United States Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) re-auction of 161 local multipoint distribution service licenses in May 1999 with bids totalling $45 million. FCC Chairman William Kennard's reaction to the results of the re-auction; Cloudnine Communications as...
- FCC goes forward with re-auction; sets March 23 date. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;08/24/98, Vol. 17 Issue 34, p10
Reports on the United States Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) August 19, 1998 disclosure of its plans to re-auction returned C-block licenses on March 23, 2001. Eligibility rules that will apply to the re-auction; Implications of the re-auction; Remarks by FCC Chairman William Kennard;...
- Guard Band Auction Ends-Now What? Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;09/25/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 39, p3
Discusses the question concerning spectrum licenses in telecommunication acquired in the 700 megahertz guard band auction which closed in September 2000. Coverage of the spectrum licenses; Problem with the spectrum licenses; Rules of the United States Federal Communications Commission on...
- 220MHz auction closes; $21.6 million raised. // Mobile Radio Technology;Jan1999, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p44
Reports on the closure of the United States Federal Communications Commission's 220MHz-service auction on October 22, 1998. Net amount raised; Voice, data and fixed communications services; Types of licenses.
- FCC SCHEDULES JAN. 2014 FOR H-BLOCK AUCTIONS. // Government Video;Aug2013, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p6
The article discusses an auction of licenses in the 1915-1920 megahertz known as Lower H Block and 1995-2000 megahertz known as Upper H Block by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to be held around January 14, 2014.
- 90 bidders approved for LMDS re-auction. // RCR;04/26/99, Vol. 18 Issue 17, p32
Reports that the United States Federal Communications Commission has qualified 90 bidders to compete in the re-auction of 161 local multipoint distribution services (LMDS) licenses on April 27, 1999. Removal of seven LMDS licenses from the original list of 168as a result of regulatory actions.
- FCC accepts 16 applications for guard-band auction. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;08/14/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 33, p22
Announces the United States Federal Communications Commission's acceptance of the applications of bidders to participate in the auction of guard-band manager licenses scheduled on September 6, 2000.