DT's 'Failure To Disclose
- Telecom Falls On Suit Filing. // Wireless Week;12/18/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 50, p3
Reports on a lawsuit filed by shareholders of Deutsche Telekom against the management for not disclosing plans for the VoiceStream Wireless takeover. Decline in the shares of the company after the takeover announcement in late July 2000; Allegations of shareholders; Overview of the lawsuit.
- Deutsche Telekom in Polish court defeat. Jones, Simon // Utility Week;5/9/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 19, p10
Reports that Deutsche Telekom has lost a court battle with bankrupt Polish telecommunications and energy firm Elektrim to try and seize control of Polish mobile operator PTC. Claim of Deutsche rejected by the Court of Arbitration in Vienna, Austria; Complaints of Deutsche against Elektrim;...
- Global wireless. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;6/11/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 24, p1
Discusses the globalization of the wireless industry as shown by the acquisition of telecommunication companies in the United States by foreign firms. Projected increase in the worldwide subscribers of wireless services by 2010; Acquisition of VoiceStream Wireless Corp. by Deutsche Telekom;...
- Win some, lose some. Jackson, Donny // Telephony;10/16/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 16, p30
Reports on the decline in Deutsche Telekom's stock as of October 2000. Results of legislative efforts to block the company's merger with VoiceStream Wireless; Implications of the decline in stocks on the company's deal with VoiceStream Wireless; Causes of the decline; Agreement of the German...
- DT's VoiceStream Bid Faces Many Hurdles. Trager, Louis // Inter@ctive Week;07/31/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 30, p18
Deals with the hurdles facing the acquisition bid of Germany's Deutsche Telekom AG on United States (U.S.) telecommunication carrier, VoiceStream Wireless Incorporated. Statutes of the United States foreign ownership law; Concerns of U.S. legislators over the deal; Value of the acquisition deal.
- Interplay: ex post and ex ante regulation: Converging on substance, diverging on process? De Muyter, Laurent; Verheyden, Alexandre // Intermedia (0309118X);Oct2010, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p26
The article explores the relationship between ex ante and ex post regulations in the electronic communications industry in Europe. It cites examples that show their relationship including the use of the concept of equality of opportunity in the case involving Deutsche Telekom AG and the sector...
- It's Ron Sommer Calling-Again. Wallace, Chris // Time;7/31/2000, Vol. 156 Issue 5, p32
Mentions Ron Sommer, top executive at the German telephone company Deutsche Telekom. Efforts to make Deutsche a global telecommunications company with proposed mergers; Interest in VoiceStream Wireless, a Bellevue, Washington firm that uses the same GSM standard as European phone companies.
- Bids for VoiceStream gain momentum. // RCR;07/24/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 30, p3
Reports the planned merger between VoiceStream Wireless Corp. and Deutsche Telekom AG in the United States. Benefits of the merger for VoiceStream; Context of the bill blocking purchases of US telecommunication carriers by foreign-government-owned telecommunication firms; Concern over national...
- Letters Spark FCC Probe. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;04/09/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 15, p1
Reports on the investigation of forged letters regarding the pending acquisition of VoiceStream Wireless Corp. by Deutsche Telekom. Content of the letters received by United States Federal Communications Commission Commissioner Gloria Tristani; Implication of the forged letters for the stock...