Morgan Keegan Expects to Benefit From Its Acquisition by Regions Financial
- Regions of Ala. Buying Tenn. Brokerage Firm. LEIBOWITZ, ALISSA // American Banker;12/19/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 242, p1
Reports on Regions Financial Corp.'s agreement to acquire the Memphis, Tennessee-based brokerage Morgan Keegan Inc. Value of the acquisition; Benefits of the acquisition to Regions Financial; Provision of an additional client base to which it can cross-sell its banking products; Expected...
- Morgan Keegan Shareholders OK Sale. // American Banker;3/30/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 62, p20
Reports on Morgan Keegan Inc. shareholders' approval of the broker-dealer's acquisition by Regions Financial Corp. Terms of the deal.
- Rumors Swirl That Raymond James Close to Buying Morgan Keegan. Britton, Diana; French, Kristen // Registered Rep Exclusive Insight;1/10/2012, p1
The article discusses rumors that financial services company Raymond James is planning to acquire Morgan Keegan, which was put up for sale by its parent company Regions Financial Corp. (RF) after agreeing to a settlement with regulators over issues related to subprime mortgage-backed securities....
- Morgan Keegan Advisers Eye Uncertain Future As Acquisition Talks Continue. Konish, Lorie // Money Management Executive;1/2/2012, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p5
The article focuses on the state of Morgan Keegan & Co. Inc. which was put up by Regions Financial Corp., its parent firm, in sale block. Marty Mosby, managing director of Guggenheim Securities, states that the talkes on merger and acquisition will continue because of the changes in the...
- Question for New Regions: Morgan Keegan Autonomy. Davis, Paul // American Banker;12/7/2006, Vol. 171 Issue 234, p1
This article reports that as Regions Financial Corp. integrates AmSouth Bancorp., some insiders and outsiders are thinking about how a management team made up mostly of former AmSouth executives plans to handle Morgan Keegan & Co. Inc., the investment banking unit the old Regions brought to the...
- Regions' Brokers Charge In To Union Planters Territory. Boraks, David // American Banker;9/20/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 181, p23
Reports that Regions Financial Corp. of Birmingham, Alabama has been busy bringing its Morgan Keegan & Co. brokerage into Union Planters' Markets. Purchase of Union Planters Corp. of Memphis by Regions for $6 billion; Opening of full service Morgan Keegan offices in Indianapolis, St. Louis, and...
- Regions' Plan to Sell Brokerage Well Timed. Lepro, Sara; Horwitz, Jeff // American Banker;6/23/2011, Vol. 176 Issue 97, p2
The article discusses banking company Regions Financial Corp.'s plans to sell its investment-banking subsidiary Morgan Keegan & Co.
- Morgan Keegan Gives Regions a Lift. Boraks, David // American Banker;4/17/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 74, p18
Focuses on the contribution of Regions Financial Corp.'s brokerage unit Morgan Keegan Inc. to the increase in the company's earnings for the first quarter of 2003. Position of the company's earnings per share and Wall Street estimates for the first quarter of 2002; Factors contributing to the...
- Regions Combines Investment Units. Davis, Paul // American Banker;3/18/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 42, p2
The article reports the Regions Financial Corp. announced that it would combine two divisions within Morgan Keegan & Co. Inc. to create another investment banking division.