Martinez, O'Neill Nominated; Other Names Floated for Posts
- O'Neill, Martinez Breeze Through Senate Hearings. Blackwell, Rob; Garver, Rob // American Banker;1/18/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 12, p4
Announces the confirmation of United States President George W. Bush's appointees to oversee the financial services industry in confirmation hearings on January 17, 2001. Praises from legislators on the appointment of U.S. Treasury Secretary-designate Paul O'Neill and Housing and Urban...
- Remarks at the Swearing-In Ceremony for Paul H. O'Neill as Secretary of the Treasury. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;2/5/2001, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p241
Presents the text of remarks given by United States President George W. Bush on January 30, 2001, which deals with the inauguration of Paul H. O'Neill as secretary of the Department of Treasury.
- Loose Change. // Fortune;2/5/2001, Vol. 143 Issue 3, p201
Mentions the administration of United States President George W. Bush as Paul O'Neill takes the position of Treasury Secretary and Larry Lindsey becomes chief economic advisor.
- Who's Running Team W.? Birnbaum, Jeffrey H. // Fortune;11/26/2001, Vol. 144 Issue 11, p34
Offers observations on the economic policies of United States President George W. Bush following terrorist attacks against the U.S. His absence from political disputes over economic stimulus packages considered by the U.S. Congress; Criticism of Bush advisors Larry Lindsey and Paul O'Neill;...
- In The Dollar We Trust. Lindsey, Lawrence B. // International Economy;Mar/Apr2001, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p6
Discusses speculations on the dollar policy of the administration of United States President George W. Bush. Background on the dollar policy of former president Bill Clinton; Bush's appointment of former Alcoa chief executive officer Paul O'Neill as Treasury Secretary; Possibility of a weak...
- Statement on the Resignations of Treasury Secretary Paul H. O'Neill and National Economic Council Director Lawrence Lindsey. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;12/9/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 49, p2134
Presents the text of the statement issued by U.S. President George W. Bush on December 6, 2002, which deals with the resignations of Treasury Secretary Paul H. O'Neill and National Economic Council Director Lawrence Lindsey.
- In Quotes. // U.S. News & World Report;11/4/2002, Vol. 133 Issue 17, p10
Presents quotations from various people. U.S. President George W. Bush; U.S. Treasury Secretary Paul O'Neill; CNN White House correspondent John King; Others.
- Time Has Come for Bush to Take Off 'Suit'. Dettmer, Jamie // Insight on the News;9/9/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 33, p6
Focuses on the economic advisers of U.S. President George W. Bush. Comments on an economic forum of the president in Waco, Texas; Attitude of U.S. Department of Treasury Secretary Paul O'Neill; Performance of Federal Reserve Board Chairman Alan Greenspan.
- Fueling the fire. // New Hampshire Business Review;06/01/2001-06/14/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p12
Presents a response to criticism on the proposal of U.S. President George W. Bush to construct nuclear power plants in 2001. Views from U.S. Treasury Secretary Paul O'Neil, in defense of the Bush's proposal.