Florida's Bullet Train Advocate Takes the Next Step
- VOTERS APPROVE $71 BILLION FOR TRANSPORTATION FUNDING. // Rock Products;Nov/Dec2008 Cement Americas, p2
The article reports that voters across the U.S. have approved transportation funding-related initiatives on Election Day. Of the 37 state and local initiatives proposed, 32 were approved, representing a success rate of 86%. Such initiatives create, extend or increase taxes or user fees dedicated...
- High speed's profit hailed. // Planning (14672073);8/28/2009, Issue 1833, p6
The article reports on the study commissioned by West and South Yorkshire Passenger Transport Executives on the profits made by a high-speed rail networks in Great Britain. According to the study, high-speed train links between London, Heathrow Airport and Europe could generate over 30 billion...
- CALIFORNIA: High-Speed Rail on the Ropes. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;8/31/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32704, p9
The article reports on the establishment of the California High-Speed Rail Authority to develop a high-speed passenger train system in California. The train system will link Southern California with the San Francisco area. The authority received $20.7 million budget which allows them to complete...
- Cutting times and enhancing integration. PELZER, LUDWIG; SCHWILLING, ANDREAS // Railway Gazette International;Jul2016, Vol. 172 Issue 7, p74
The article looks into the future investment of high speed network in the midst of limited public and private funding.
- Southeast Voters Approve $6.2 Billion of Borrowing. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;11/4/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32004, p32
Reports on the results of bond elections in the Southeast on November 2, 2004. Bond funding of a high-speed rail system in Florida; School bonds in Virginia and Georgia; Self-financing bonds in North Carolina.
- High-speed rail: A birth announcement, not an obituary. Gertler, Peter // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;8/2/2013, Issue 324686, p26
The author reflects on the issue with regards to the construction of a high-speed transportation system in the U.S. The author references the number of points cited by opponents of a high speed rail system which include job creation and on whether the construction of high-speed rail does not...
- Calif. HSRA To Pick Management Team. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;08/09/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30950, p2
Reports on the California High Speed Rail Authority's plan to increase the pace to form a transportation link between northern, central, and southern California. Board's selection of a consulting team to manage project-related environmental work; Amount of state funds supporting the project.
- What will be the cost? // Modern Railways;Aug2007 Supplement, Vol. 64, p12
The article discusses the initial calculations of the capital cost of High Speed Two, according to the conceptual design proposed by Greengauge 21. It is stated that the budget for the London to Birmingham service is Â£4.262 billion, the connection to the Trent Valley section via Birmingham...
- $71 BILLION FOR TRANS FUNDING APPROVED. // Rock Products;Dec2008, Vol. 111 Issue 12, p14
The article reports on the approval of U.S. voters to increase their tax burden to fund transportation improvements, according to data released by American Road & Transportation Builders Association. The association examined 37 state and local transportation-funding ballot initiatives in 17...