Texas County Ponders Big Capital Projects, Hospital Bills
- Australian PPPs threaten British global dominance. Beaumont, Alex // Public Private Finance;Apr2005, Issue 92, p31
The article discusses the benefits of privately financed infrastructure. The Australian public is beginning to feel the effects of those years of underinvestment. As in Great Britain, hospitals and schools regularly feature on the front pages of national newspapers as examples of shockingly...
- Will Proposition 40 deliver on its promises? Wright, Don A. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;3/1/2002, Issue 322897, p3
Focuses on the Proposition coming from the California Farm Bureau Federation for agricultural interest in San Francisco, California. Inclusions of propose project plans; Significance of the proposals on the health and quality of life; Implication of the project to the efficiency of implementation.
- Building a better New Jersey. // Business News New Jersey;12/06/99, Vol. 12 Issue 45, p22
Editorial. Comments on the need for New Jersey to maintain and improve its infrastructure of roads, rails, bridges, ports and other basics of economic life. Concerns raised about sources of funds; Danger of becoming a state of gridlock.
- New Chicago projects in the works. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;01/19/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30560, p3
Looks at the decision of the Chicago City Council Finance Committee to approve two borrowing deals that could total up to $175 million. Plans to set up infrastructure to build new parks, schools and other facilities.
- California Infrastructure. Harris, Elizabeth E. // Bond Buyer;04/07/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30614, p6
Focuses on Van Kampen Funds analysts Joe Piraro and Craig Falduto's overview of infrastructure financing in California. Need for California legislators to balance the state's extensive infrastructure needs with their desire to limit debt; Maximum borrowing amount; Use of a debt affordability...
- Road Fix: What's Next for W.Va.? CARDOSI, MANDI // State Journal (WV);5/29/2015, Vol. 31 Issue 22, p3
No abstract available.
- Grow your own. Thatcher, Mike // Public Finance;Oct2013, Issue 10, p4
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses the completion of 576 projects related to public finance and the creation of national infrastructure commission.
- Private defective. Hollowell, Mark // Lawyer;5/5/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 18, p20
Reports on key policies concerning private investment for public projects in Great Britain. Components of the private finance initiative; Investment ratings for various projects; Risks to public project investments; Finance for infrastructure projects.
- Evergreen Africa. // Travel Agent;7/19/2010 Africa, p18
The article showcases the infrastructure of South Africa including its airport, hotels, and roads to promote its tourism industry.