Government Posts $24B Nov. Deficit
- Federal Deficit Was $23.97 Billion in May. Koning, Rachel // Bond Buyer;06/22/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30667, p2
Reports on the budget deficit of the federal government in May 1999.
- Report: States Face $94 Billion Shortfall Through 2004. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/5/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31567, p4
Cites a report released by the National Conference of State Legislatures stating that U.S. states are facing a $94 billion worth cumulative budgetary shortfall for fiscal year 2003 and 2004. Reasons provided for budget shortfalls; Measures taken by states in order to balance their budgets;...
- U.S. ran $22.4 billion budget deficit in March. Koning, Rachel // Bond Buyer;04/22/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30625, p2
Reports on the budget deficit of the federal government of the United States in March 1999.
- It's over. Or is it? // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);2/17/2003, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p6
Discusses the budget problems in the U.S. as of February 2003. Information on the Harbor Maintenance Trust Fund; Information on the budget deficits; Overview of the Waterways Trust Fund.
- Boxing Clinton In. Lynch, Michael W. // Reason;Apr98, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p8
Deals with the United States budget deficit. How to reduce high deficit or spend surplus; Bill Clinton's proposal to use the surplus for Social Security reform; Era of the budget shifts from deficit to surplus.
- U.S. Ran $11.3B Deficit in Oct. Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;11/22/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31023, p2
Reports on the budget deficit of the federal government of the United States in October 2000.
- Why Congress never really cuts spending. Greenberg, Dan // Human Events;7/29/94, Vol. 50 Issue 29, p11
Comments on the United States Congress' budget process. Rise of federal spending despite the Congress members' votes to cut federal budget; Instances when the House voted for budget cuts; Provisions under the A-to-Z Spending Cuts plan and the Deficit Reduction Lock-Box bill.
- U.S. ran $42.9B deficit in February. Koning, Rachel // Bond Buyer;03/22/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30603, p2
Reports on the Federal Government's budget deficit in February 1999, according to a report by the Treasury Department.
- The budget deficit. DeLong, J. Bradford // FRBSF Economic Letter;01/30/98, Vol. 98 Issue 3, p1
Examines the budget deficit of the United States, for the 1997 accounting year. Improvements in the deficit; Efforts of the federal government to reduce the deficit; Deficit reductions from different agreements; Prospects for a balanced budget; Models of the budget deficit.