Disclosure Big in 2001
- San Diego Disclosure Plan Questioned. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;3/5/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32579, p1
The article reports on the creation of an elaborate disclosure system after a pension disclosure drove it out of the public municipal bond market in San Diego, California. According to John McNally, the city's disclosure counsel and a partner at Hawkins Delafield & Wood LLP, it is frankly...
- Cantor Fitzgerald builds its online muni `field of dreams'. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;01/25/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30814, p25
Discusses the Internet-based trading system established by interdealer broker Cantor Fitzgerald for municipal bonds dubbed `Munitrade.' Markets targeted; Services offered; Volume of electronic bids received.
- MSRB Poses Online OS Disclosure. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;7/28/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32433, p1
The article reports on the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's (MSRB) proposal to create a centralized electronic system for primary market disclosure of municipal securities. The MSRB has asked market participants to comment on the proposal by September 15, 2006. The proposal was detailed...
- A Poor Relation Gets Electronic Makeover. Shepherd, Bill // Investment Dealers' Digest;7/4/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 26, p22
Focuses on electronic bond trading in the U.S. municipal bond market. Potential transformation of online trading in the municipal market; Trading activity spurred by online trading; Analysts' views on the possible impact of a reporting system introduced by the Municipal Securities Rulemaking...
- The Future Is Now: Online Trading Takes Off. Yacoe, Don // Bond Buyer;11/27/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31024, Online Bond Trading p8
Focuses on online trading of municipal bonds in the United States. Web site where individuals can buy or sell securities; Advice on structuring a portfolio; Comparing bond investment return.
- Electronic bidding systems pique Texas issuers' interest. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;07/27/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30691, p1
Focuses on the implementation of an electronic bidding system in the municipal bond market in Texas. Options of issuers in selling bonds online; Electronic access interfaces between bidders and issuers; Views of financial advisers on electronic bidding.
- A Matter of Choice: Array of Platforms Prompts Some Criticism. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;08/17/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30956, p7
Reports on the effects of electronic trading on municipal bond business in the United States. Platforms to buy and sell bonds; Competition among securities firms.
- Delayed Wisconsin GOs are still on deck for threeway playoff. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;09/02/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30470, p26
Reports on the delay in the floatation of Wisconsin's general obligation bonds. Selection of Dalcomp, Bloomberg LP and MuniAuction Inc. as the electronic bidding providers; Wisconsin finance director Frank Hoadley's concerns regarding how an underwriter can submit a bit; Virginia treasurer...
- Miami-Dade readying underwriter RFP, first web bond sale. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;10/22/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30753, p3
Reports on the plan of Miami-Dade County, Florida, to use the Internet to sell its bonds. Use of request-for-proposal documents to help county officials assemble a pool of underwriters; Selection of MuniAuction Inc. Web site to take competitive bids on a $25.6 million general obligation bond sale.