Guidelines for successful mid-sized directional drilling projects
- Fluid Disposal Issues Vary By State. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Sep2001, Vol. 56 Issue 9, p49
Discusses various fluid disposal issues across the United States. Reason for the rising cost of fluid disposal; Information on the horizontal directional drilling fluid disposal requirements in various states; Goal of the Directional Crossing Contractors Association.
- DCCA Holds 11th Annual Symposium. // Underground Construction;Jun2002, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p42
Provides information on the 11th Annual Directional Crossing Contractors Association Spring Symposium which was held in Florida in April 2002. Focus on the education and understanding of the market; Update on initiatives in the development of industry guidelines and safety in locating...
- Newsline. // Underground Construction;Apr2000, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p5
Covers several news briefs in the United States underground construction industry as of April 2000. Possible delay of a fiber-optic network in Toronto, Ontario; Release of a safety manual for operators of directional drilling tracking equipment published by Equipment Manufacturers Institute;...
- Senate Hangs 'No Drilling' Sign Along The Lakeshore. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;2/25/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p14
Reports on the approval of a bill that bans leasers for directional drilling under the Great Lakes in Michigan. Goal and intent of the bill; Punishment for violation of the bill.
- Criteria for evaluating directionally drilled crossings. Boivin, R.P.; Eng, P. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Jun94, Vol. 221 Issue 6, p12
Considers the general aspects of directional drilling technology as related to the installation of small- and large-diameter pipelines at water crossings. Wide use of directional drilling; Use situations; Limitations; Scheduling; Drilling fluids; Work space; Pipe profile; Stress analysis;...
- Proposals Sought For HDD Curriculum & Training Guide. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Jan2002, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p10
Reports on the proposals to develop a curriculum and instruction guide asked by HDD Good Installation Practices Consortium to implement the Horizontal Directional Drilling Good Installation Practices Guidelines. Contents of the guide; Goals of the consortium; Members of the consortium.
- Complex Market. Carpenter, Robert // Underground Construction;Jun2003, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p25
Explores the state of the horizontal directional drilling (HDD) market in the U.S. Use of HDD in gas and electric utilities; Evolution of the HDD industry; Domination of mini rigs in HDD market.
- Night-time gas line installation in Arizona. // Underground Construction;Mar1997, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p40
Focuses on night-time directional drilling project near Phoenix's Sky Harbor airport in Arizona. Contractor of the project; Obstacles to directional drilling in Arizona desert; Requirements set by Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT); Various comments on night-time bore.
- Falling prices. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Jun98, Vol. 53 Issue 6, p36
Focuses on the declining prices of directional drilling services in the United States. Factors causing the trend includes the growth of market demand for the services, improvements in drilling equipment and practice of inhouse drilling by utilities and general contractors; Strategies for...