Difficult bores becoming routine
- Working on the rail road. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Sep98, Vol. 53 Issue 9, p62
Focuses on C&S Directional Boring Inc.'s use of directional drilling in fiberoptic telecommunication links. Installation of a drill rig; Rail-mounted horizontal directional drilling system.
- Used Rigs Change HDD Market Dynamics. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Sep2002, Vol. 57 Issue 9, p52
Explores the market for used horizontal directional drilling (HDD) equipment. Number of HDD units sold for 2002; Impact of used HDD equipment on new machines sale; Factors to be considered when purchasing new or used HDD equipment.
- What To Look For When Buying Used HDD Equipment. // Underground Construction;Sep2002, Vol. 57 Issue 9, p53
Discusses factors to be considered when purchasing used horizontal directional drilling equipment. Equipment capabilities that handle specific applications; Inspection of equipment; Maintenance and repair.
- New HDD Rig Features Continuous Steel Tubing. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Sep2002, Vol. 57 Issue 9, p75
Focuses on Stewart & Stevenson's horizontal directional drill system that features continuous steel tubing. Machine design; Operation of the machine with a mud motor or other downhole power source; Advantages of the machine.
- Makita cordless hammer drill. Capotosto, Rosario // Popular Mechanics;Feb97, Vol. 174 Issue 2, p80
Presents Makita 8411DWH Cordless Hammer Drill. The drill's speed and other features; Drill testing; Versatility of the cordless drill.
- All quiet on the drilling front. Black, Harvey // New Scientist;08/02/97, Vol. 155 Issue 2093, p6
Reports on the development of the RAPTOR concrete-cutting drill that uses projectiles propelled by shock waves to break concrete. Use of helium gas to attain faster shock waves; Quietness of the system.
- Developing solutions for rock mini-directional drilling. Griffin, Jeff // Pipeline & Utilities Construction;Sep96, Vol. 51 Issue 9, p34
Focuses on various solutions being developed for directional drilling in rock and rocky conditions. Challenges posed by solid formation for directional drilling systems; Development of new compact, self-contained boring system that can drill and be steered with accuracy through rock; Mud motors...
- SHOCK treatment. Ayers, Richard A.; Vivona, Tony // Public Works;Sep2009, Vol. 140 Issue 10, p37
The article evaluates the high-energy, pulsed-plasma (HEPP) system technology.
- UniversaIHDD. // Underground Construction;Jun2010, Vol. 65 Issue 6, p64
The article evaluates the UNIHammer rock tool from Robbins Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD).