Comstock aggressively pursues HDD patent enforcement
- Comstock Patent Quietly Expires. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Sep99, Vol. 54 Issue 9, p51
Focuses on the issue over the patent of electrical contractor L.K. Comstock & Co. that covers a process of installing pipe and other materials by a directional drilling process invented by Martin Cherrington. Brief history of the ownership of the patent; Method of enforcing the patent.
- Utility boring, comstock settle HDD suit before trial date. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Jan1999, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p20
Reports that L.K. Comstock Co.'s patent infringement lawsuit against Utility Boring Inc. has been settled, and the hearing scheduled December 7, 1998, on a Utility Boring motion to dismiss the case was cancelled. Comstock's securing of a license to use directional drilling procedures covered by...
- Court date set for first Comstock suit. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Oct98, Vol. 53 Issue 10, p24
Reports on the lawsuit filed by L.K. Comstock & Co. against Utility Boring Inc. for alleged patent infringement. Absence of successful legal challenge to Comstock's patent for horizontal directional drilling equipment; Deadline of Comstock's right to the patent.
- ADDITIONAL DEVELOPMENTS--PATENT. // Berkeley Technology Law Journal;Annual Review 2003, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p227
Reports on the decision of U.S courts on cases involving patent infringement. Effect of language found only in the preamble on the scope of a claim; Invalidation of a patent under the on-sale bar; Patent claim narrowed by representation made in the prosecution history.
- Trudel to form. Trudel, John D. // Electronic Design;09/02/97, Vol. 45 Issue 19, p80R
Opinion. Focuses on the support given during the Patent Wars. Comments from Patent Commissioner Bruce Lehman; Information on the bills in Congress, H.R. 400 and S. 507; Contact information.
- Applied in court again; Novellus counterpunches. Erkanat, Judy // Electronic News;06/30/97, Vol. 43 Issue 2174, p10
Focuses on the two patent infringement lawsuits filed in the United States. Novellus Systems Inc. against Applied Materials Inc.; Applied Materials Inc. against Varian Associates Inc.
- Bright ideas. Edmark, Tomima // Entrepreneur;Nov97, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p102
Focuses on patent infringement lawsuit while highlighting how persons can protect their most valuable asset. Reference to a 1997 Economic Survey by the American Intellectual Property Law Association (IPLA); Information on the United States Patent and Trademark Office (PTO); Listing of attacks...
- What to do with hot patent potato. Chen, Peter // Electronic News;04/06/98, Vol. 44 Issue 2213, p8
Editorial. Presents the steps on how alleged `infringers' can deal with notice of patent enforcement. Includes obtaining a copy of the patent; Retention of a patent counsel; Need for a formal opinion of non-infringement or invalidity; Drawbacks of product changes and negotiating with the...
- On guard! Edmark, Tomima // Entrepreneur;Aug1997, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p92
Presents advice on how businesses can prevent patent infringement. Role of the United States Patent and Trade Office; Examination of some patent infringement laws; Procedure for filing a patent infringement lawsuit.