- Call before you dig--or pay the penalty. Minichiello, Anthony // Cabling Installation & Maintenance;Oct98, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p105
Focuses on the importance of proper coordination with public utilities before conducting an excavation for laying telecommunication cables. Requirements set by the United States Federal Communications Commission for excavation contractors; Damage-prevention program of Dig-Safe; Provisions of...
- April is 'Dig Safely Month'. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;4/4/2011, Vol. 23 Issue 13, p16
The article reports on the celebration of "Dig Safely Month" in New York state every April, which aims to remind contractors and excavators to call 811 before starting any digging or excavation project.
- DIARY. // Planning (14672073);12/18/2015, Issue 2019, p32
The article focuses on Australian entertainer Barry Humphries who outlined his concerns over proposals for basement excavation to the Victorian building.
- PERMITTING. // Rock Products;Sep2014, Vol. 117 Issue 9, p45
The article presents an update on issues related to quarrying and quarrying permits in the U.S. that were published in various newspapers and magazines in the country as of September 2014. Topics discussed include the plan of the Franklin-Simpson, Kentucky Zoning Board of Adjustments to hold a...
- Excavation of TBM resumes in Seattle after brief delay. // Mining Engineering;Dec2014 Supplement Tunneling & Underground Construction, p9
The article reports on the suspension of excavation near the trapped tunnel boring machine (TBM) at the SR-99 project in Seattle, Washington when a collection of shells were found on October 23, 2014 near the TBM named Bertha. Topics discussed include the impact of the find on the Seattle Tunnel...
- Utility-affiliated ESCOs: Is the Honeymoon Over? Musser, Phil // Transmission & Distribution World;Jan2003, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p46
Discusses the reasons of utility companies for embarking in energy service company (ESCO) in the U.S. Statistics on the estimated market activity of the U.S. ESCO industry; Increase in the number of utility-affiliated ESCO; Range of services offered by ESCO.
- Accident cuts water, gas in NYC. Barlas, Stephen // Underground Construction;Mar1998, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p12
Reports that New York City experienced the combined disaster of a water main collapsing and a low-pressure gas pipeline catching fire within six hours of each other as the new year of 1998 started. Repairs conducted on the affected utilities.
- Utility companies. // Business News New Jersey;1998 Book of Lists, Vol. 11, p144
Ranks utility companies in New Jersey by number of customers. Includes Public Service Enterprise Group; United Water Resources; GPU Energy; Bergen County Utilities Authority.
- Top 50 utility companies. Barbarello, Kathleen // Business News New Jersey;09/07/98, Vol. 11 Issue 31, p28
Lists the top 50 utility companies in New Jersey, ranked by number of customers. Includes Public Service Enterprise Group; United Water Resources; GPU Energy.