OPS close to approval of first demonstration project
- OPS near approval of first demonstration project. Barlas, Stephen // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Mar98, Vol. 225 Issue 3, p12
Reports on the deliberations by the Office of Pipeline Safety (OPS) on whether to allow Shell Pipe Line Corp. to increase the operating pressure on the first 25 miles of a pipeline system in the United States. Features of the risk demonstration program by the OPS; Two sections of different...
- Data Integration Tools Improve Process Efficiency And Effectiveness. Sitterly, Brian // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Jan2006, Vol. 233 Issue 1, p58
The article presents information about the documentation software developed by Shell Pipe Line Corp. (SPCL). The software can improve process efficiency. SPCL has been developing or purchasing a number of integrity management tools, which enable data to be integrated efficiently during risk...
- More info needed for interpretation requests. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Jan94, Vol. 221 Issue 1, p6
Reports on the need for the US Office of Pipeline Safety to release interpretations of pipeline safety regulations. Components of proposed interpretations.
- Office of Pipeline Safety escapes scare. // Pipeline & Utilities Construction;Oct96, Vol. 51 Issue 10, p6
Reports on the passage of the 1997 appropriation bill for the US Office of Pipeline Safety. Appropriated budget for the office; Program lined up by the agency.
- OPS wants risk management applications. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;May97, Vol. 224 Issue 5, p8
Reports that the US Office of Pipeline Safety has asked the interstate pipe industry to submit applications for the risk management demonstration program.
- Shell will build new pipeline in Gulf of Mexico. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Feb95, Vol. 222 Issue 2, p10
Reports on the crude oil pipeline system that Shell Pipe Line Corp. will construct in the Gulf of Mexico. Connection of Green Canyon and Ewing Bank areas; Construction and completion schedule.
- Anode anchors save offshore pipeline costs. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Nov95, Vol. 222 Issue 11, p22
Reports on Shell Pipeline Co.'s use anode anchors for its offshore platform in the Gulf of Mexico. Successful use of anode anchors in the company's Auger Project in 1993; Features of anode anchors.
- Directionally drilled crossing constructed under river levee. Skonberg, E.R.; Berry, C.W. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Jun96, Vol. 223 Issue 6, p26
Reports that Shell Pipe Line Corp. has commenced construction of its Delta Loop Pipeline Project in south Louisiana. HBH Inc. as prime contractor for the project; Background on the directionally drilled crossing constructed under the river levee.
- Shell ethylene pipeline demo approved. Fairley, Peter // Chemical Week;1/14/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 2, p8
Reports about the selection of two Shell pipelines to participate in a demonstration project granting pipeline operators regulatory flexibility in exchange for risk reduction by the Office of Pipeline Safety (OPS). Operation of a carbon dioxide pipeline in New Mexico and Texas at a pressure...