California water reclamation project announced
- Water recycling pushes purification equipment sales. // BioCycle;Sep96, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p6
Reports that emphasis on water reuse is helping increase sales of water purification equipment. Increase in price of water every two years; Increase in sewage fees; Factors driving industries toward zero discharge.
- Recycling waste water. Fink, Ronald G. // Pit & Quarry;Jul95, Vol. 88 Issue 1, p23
Focuses on the recycling of industrial waste water. Problems faced by many business enterprises regarding the elimination of waste water discharge; Nonpoint polluters as largest pollution source; Legal implications of waste water discharge; Discharge elimination; Comparison of water recycling...
- Henderson sets reclamation record. // Las Vegas Business Press;07/13/98, Vol. 15 Issue 28, p20
Reports that the city of Henderson, Nevada has used a total 12.83 million gallons of reclaimed water on June 26, 1998.
- How can you recycle? Muniz, Aida // Caribbean Business;1/8/1998, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p25
Comments on the recycle of water. How citizens in Puerto Rico can recycle their water; Details on programs sponsored by the Solid Waste Management Authority (SWMA).
- What comes around... Gunther, Judith Anne // Popular Science;Dec96, Vol. 249 Issue 6, p39
Discusses the Alberta Sustainable Home in Calgary, Alberta, built by architect Jorg Ostrowski. How the house will demonstrate three processes that recycle wastewater for reuse; Details on various methods used.
- Can large-scale water recycling work in England? Sargent, Bob // WET News: Water & Effluent Treatment News;Jun2011, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p11
The article focuses on the suitability of large-scale water recycling in Great Britain, which the author says is possible but would have to face several difficulties like regulation and preference toward traditional water companies.
- San Diego fix has bumps. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;5/15/95, Vol. 234 Issue 19, p18
Reports on the problems regarding the ongoing system upgrade of the wastewater treatment system in San Diego, California. City's `Consumer Alternative' plan which was enacted as an alternative to more expensive full secondary treatment; Problems regarding the North City Reclamation Plant.
- San Diego builds stealth plant. Rosta, Paul // ENR: Engineering News-Record;8/26/96, Vol. 237 Issue 9, p23
Reports on plans to build a water reclamation plant in San Diego, California. Use of reclaimed water for irrigation; Engineering design of the plant; Environmental considerations addressed by planners in building the project.
- One stream solves two problems for a rural California county. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;04/07/97, Vol. 238 Issue 14, p20
Reports on an effluent-to-energy project that will provide extra water repository for a rural northern California county while replenishing a water-starved steamfield at a geothermal complex. Description of the project; Contractors of the project.