Birders of the Future
- The Twilight Zone. Thauberger, Randy // Gardens West;Nov/Dec2006, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p30
The article presents a birder's personal experience of finding barred owl. When he saw a barred owl while on the road, he was amazed with actually seeing the bird and made some shots. It is common to have find a barred owl in coniferous and mixed woods year-round in British Columbia. A barred...
- CONNECTICUT FIELD NOTES. Hanisek, Greg // Connecticut Warbler;Jul2011, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p105
The article enumerates the bird sightings reported over the winter season from December 2010 to February 2011. Presented are details on the observer, the bird species, the number seen, date of discovery, duration of stay, events that transpired and other facts such as previous sightings of the...
- The call of nature. Dooley, Sean // Australian Geographic;Apr-Jun2008, Issue 90, p92
The article focuses on the importance of wastewater treatment plant to birdwatching in Australia. It is informed that sewage farms are providing refuge for an array of wetland species in the country. A sewage farm in Leeton became the centrepiece of Australia's inaugural bird fair in November...
- HOW TO USE A SITE GUIDE. Rakestraw, John // Bird Watcher's Digest;Sep/Oct2010, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p52
In this article, the author cites the factors to consider when evaluating a site guide for birding. One is how old the guide is as habitats and directions change. He recommends selecting a guide that was written by competent bird watchers. He also warned about guides that list rare and vagrant...
- A birdwatcher's guide to Australia. // Australian Geographic;Apr-Jun2008, Issue 90, p100
The article offers information on top spots, migratory routes and trips for birdwatchers in Australia. New Castle is claimed to be one of the best place to visit during October and April to see the Gould's petrel at sea. Kimberley offers the chance to glimpse a few of the country's most elusive...
- Up North Big Leap. Drew, Emily // Birder's World;Apr2006, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p22
The article relates the author experience in bird watching at the Pribilof Island and Saint Paul Island in Alaska. Birders can view 75% of the world's Red-legged Kittiwakes in Pribilof Island amid defense colonies of almost three million other seabirds. It describes the small peninsula known as...
- SECRET BIRDS. Williams, Glenn // Connecticut Warbler;
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of watching birds and keeping the location a secret from other bird watchers.
- Annual Audubon Christmas Bird Count. // USA Today Magazine;Dec2013, Vol. 142 Issue 2823, p14
The article offers information on the Audubon Christmas Bird Count (CBC) in the U.S. to be held from December 14, 2013 to January 5, 2014, and mentions highlights of the incursions during the 2012 event.
- Our Fine Feathered Friends. // American Nurseryman;Mar2014, Vol. 214 Issue 3, p26
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of watching birds.