- Environmental factors influencing the dynamics of Chinese mitten crab zoeae in the San Francisco Bay-Delta. Blumenshine, Steven C.; Tsukimura, Brian; Rice, Ammon; Rudnick, Deborah A. // Aquatic Invasions;2012, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p111
The Chinese mitten crab is an invasive catadromous species that has populated many European estuaries. However, despite repeated 'introductions', the only known established North American population is in the San Francisco Bay Delta, along with recent populations discovered in Chesapeake Bay and...
- Factors affecting the survival of ash ( Fraxinus spp.) trees infested by emerald ash borer ( Agrilus planipennis). Knight, Kathleen; Brown, John; Long, Robert // Biological Invasions;Feb2013, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p371
Emerald ash borer ( Agrilus planipennis) (EAB), an Asian woodboring beetle accidentally introduced in North America, has killed millions of ash ( Fraxinus spp.) trees and is spreading rapidly. This study examined the effects of tree- and site-level factors on the mortality of ash trees in stands...
- Range expansion of Agrilus convexicollis in European Russia expedited by the invasion of the emerald ash borer, Agrilus planipennis (Coleoptera: Buprestidae). Orlova-Bienkowskaja, Marina; Volkovitsh, Mark // Biological Invasions;Feb2015, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p537
The jewel beetle Agrilus convexicollis Redtenbacher, 1849 (Buprestidae) occurs in many European and North Mediterranean countries and feeds mainly on dying shoots and branches of ash trees ( Fraxinus excelsior, F. ornus and F. oxyphylla). A range map of A. convexicollis with 479 exact localities...
- Prevalence and Potential Pathogenicity of Vibrio parahaemolyticus in Chinese Mitten Crabs (Eriocheir sinensis) Harvested from the River Thames Estuary, England. WAGLEY, SARIQA; KOOFHETHILE, KEGAKILWE; RANGDALE, RACHEL // Journal of Food Protection;Jan2009, Vol. 72 Issue 1, p60
Chinese mitten crabs (Eriocheir sinensis) have been described as an alien invasive species in the River Thames, United Kingdom, and elsewhere in Europe. The crabs can cause considerable physical damage to the riverbeds and threaten native ecosystems. Trapping has been considered an option, but...
- Four pathogens found associated with Eriocheir sinensis H. Milne-Edwards, 1853 (Crustacea: Brachyura: Grapsidae) from Lake DÄ…bie (Poland). Sobecka, Ewa; Hajek, Grzegorz; Skorupiński, Łukasz // Oceanological & Hydrobiological Studies;2011, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p96
Eriocheir sinensis is a habitat for invertebrates living externally and internally. It may transport native and non-native species to new habitats. Present studies on the Chinese mitten crab from Lake DÄ…bie add four new taxonomic units to the number of pathogens: Ichthyophonus hoferi,...
- Emerald ash borer found in St. Paul, Minn. // NMPRO - Nursery Management & Production;Jun2009, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p20
The article reports that the discovery of emerald ash borer in St. Paul, Minnesota in May 2009 resulted in the quarantine of Ramsey and Hennepin counties.
- Emerald Ash Borer Found In North Carolina. // Timber Processing;Jul/Aug2013, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p72
The article reports that the emerald ash borer (EAB) has been detected in North Carolina in 2013, according to the North Carolina Forest Service.
- WATCH YOUR ASH. Stokes, Elaisha // Canadian Geographic;Jun2010, Vol. 130 Issue 3, p25
The article presents information on emerald ash borer, a small, metallic buprestid beetle.
- Emerald ash borer moves north in state. // Prairie Farmer;Nov2013, Vol. 185 Issue 11, p82
The article reports on the discovery of the destructive pest named emerald ash borer, which is said to be responsible for killing millions of ash trees in North America, in Rock Island County, Illinois as of November 2013.