- Bottle Ban. Mangu-Ward, Katherine // Reason;Apr2013, Vol. 44 Issue 11, p12
The article reports on prohibitions towards single-serving plastic water bottles in Concord, Massachusetts as part of an effort in reducing waste.
- Lawmakers mull extension of ban on burning C&D. Domin, Chris // New Hampshire Business Review;3/3/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p34
The article reports on the approval of a pair of bills by New Hampshire House subcommittee that will limit how much and from where construction and demolition debris is disposed of in the state. A subcommittee of the Environment and Agriculture Committee amended House Bill 1433 to add a year to...
- 'Road gators' can be avoided. // Tire Business;2/26/2007, Vol. 24 Issue 24, p8
The article focuses on the issues related to the use of retreaded truck tires in the U.S. The tire and trucking industries are fighting the proposed legislation in Florida aimed at prohibiting the use of retreads on the state's highways. However, retreaded truck tires are not the lone cause of...
- Water cooler bottle. // Resource Recycling;Feb2014, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p44
The article offers brief information on the recycled water cooler bottle from Ice River Springs.
- Of Sledgehammers and Peanuts. Hocking, Denis // New Zealand Forest Industries;Sep2002, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p40
Focuses on the Climate Change Response Bill, the official response of the government to the Protocol and key component of ratification in New Zealand. Changes of the forest carbon density; National consumption and release of other greenhouse gases; Significance of the battle against global warming.
- Senate climate debate focuses on economic impact. Snyder, Jim // Hill;7/8/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 79, p10
The article reports that the Senate hearing on climate change bill centers the idea regarding a despirited economy as supporters of the bill tried to promote it as a mechanism to create jobs and protect the environment in the U.S.
- DOA. // Tire Business;4/9/2007, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p8
The article reports that a Florida bill that would have banned the use of retreaded tires on the state's highways has been tabled by the state senator Victor Crist on January 25, 2007. Harvey Brodsky, managing director of the Tire Retread Information Bureau (TRIB), is happy with the death of the...
- California bottle bill gaining more support. Wiley, Walt // Waste News;07/05/99, Vol. 5 Issue 8, p6
Reports that California's expanded bottle bill has passed the Assembly Natural Resources Committee on June 29, 1999. Senator Byron Sher's sponsorship of the bill; Key provisions of the bill; Strong opposition to the bill.
- BOTTLE BILL CHANGES UNCORK OPPOSITION. Jacklet, Ben // Oregon Business Magazine;Dec2008, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p17
The article discusses the proposed updates in the bottle bill of 1971 in Oregon. The program built swiftly into a success then, with a recovery rate of more than 90%. A state-appointed task force recommends boosting deposits to 10 cents, including everything from bottled coffee to fifths of...