- LIFE & LOVE IN THE AISLES OF MICHAEL'S. Long, Cindy // Crochet!;May2006, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p98
The article relates how a crocheter sought out her husband's help to buy the necessary materials needed for her project. The author searched for the yarn colors needed for the project. She then decided that she needs to go to Michael's to get white yarn. Her husband accompanied her to the store...
- Annie's Answers. // Annie's Favorite Crochet;Jun2007, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p42
This article offers brief background about crocheting. Until the 1950s, thread and a steel hook were the basic crochet tools. Needleworkers then begun experimenting with bulkier yarns that by the late 1960s, crocheted fashions had been a trend. The popularity resulted from a generation of people...
- Stitch Markers Are Your Friends. // Creative Knitting;Sep2010, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p31
The article discusses the many uses of stitch markers in knitting. Stitch markers are described as training wheels to help knitters mark a place in their knitting for easy and quick reference. Knitters can use the stitch markers to help them monitor the number of stitches they have cast on....
- Catalog corner. // Workbasket;Feb/Mar95, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p69
Presents equipment and supplies for crocheting, knitting and sewing. Includes canvas, scrubbers and wind twirls.
- How to Ruche. Ellis, Lisa // Love of Knitting;Fall2014, p62
The article offers the author's insights related to ruching of knitted works. The author mentions that ruching was a sewing technique which develops pucker or pleat in a gathered fabric or stitches. She discusses several tips for ruching knitted works along with the two types of ruching such as...
- BY POST. // Piecework;Jul/Aug2000, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p4
Several letters to the editor are presented including a request for information about purchasing an inexpensive lot of secondhand knitting needles, crochet hooks, and yarn, a photo displaying an example of a bead watch chain, and a letter by Nancy Reynolds asking for more information about the...
- Stitch Markers. // Crochet World;Dec2010, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p10
The article offers step-by-step instructions for crocheting stitch markers.
- Yarn Furnishing Devices: A Survey and Review of Current Practice. Shelton, W. E. A. // Textile Institute & Industry;Jun1973, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p150
The article examines on the yarn furnishing device, its usability and practice in the industry in Great Britain. Its purpose is considered as to which either assist or performs completely the loop forming position. Its function were performed previously by the hook needle in the case of...
- Techniques. Dupernex, Alison // Start to Knit;2008, p12
The article offers step-by-step instructions for knitting techniques including making a slip knot, casting on yarn, and knitting a garter stitch.