Remote Access Demands Better Security
- Net EB. // Software World;May2005, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p22
Reports that the Net EB series of highly secure IPSec-based VPN encryptors employs commercial encryption algorithms to ensure a similarly rigorous level of network security to that its Net ED line of encryptors.
- Down to brass tacks. Buckley, Rob // SC Magazine: For IT Security Professionals (UK Edition);Feb2009, p34
The article explores a raft of information security products that are necessary and effective. According to Stuart Okin of Comsec Consulting UK, the virtual private network (VPN) is going to become superfluous or evolve in other directions. VPN products from Cisco and Juniper are retained to...
- SSL draws a crowd. Fisher, Dennis // eWeek;2/2/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p29
With their requirements for client software on every remote machine, their penchant for going down at the most inopportune times and their notorious difficulties traversing firewalls, IP Security Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) have few real fans, especially among users. But in the last year,...
- Colligo wraps VPN around apps. Caton, Michael // eWeek;1/5/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p45
Colligo Networks' Workgroup Edition effectively wraps a workgroup VPN around collaborative applications, but it requires at least a little knowledge of wireless network security to run. Colligo Workgroup Edition creates a virtual private peer-to-peer network over wireless Ethernet that includes...
- PERMEO TECHNOLOGIES. Neel, Dan // CRN;8/22/2005, Issue 1159, p39
The article presents information on firewall protocol Permeo Technologies. Launched four years ago as a spin-off from NEC's research group and the brainchild of founder Wei Lu, the industry luminary credited with the development of the SOCKSv5 firewall protocol, Permeo has carved out a unique...
- DOSSIER: AVENTAIL. Spangler, Todd // Baseline;Feb2006, Issue 55, p82
The article focuses on Aventail, a pioneer in the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) virtual private network market. President and CEO Evan Kaplan co-founded Aventail in 1996. He was previously the director of business development and product line manager at WRQ, a mainframe-access software company that...
- OneCare: Friend or foe? Andrew Garcia // eWeek;3/6/2006, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p36
The article focuses on the Windows OneCare Live released by Microsoft Corp. Users can install it on home systems that can access the corporate network via virtual private networks. OneCare offers some indication of what the more corporate-focused Microsoft Client Protection suite may look like....
- CRYPTO HEADACHE. Rodger, Will // Interactive Week;2/12/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p17
Focuses on the challenges faced by computer software companies in exporting encryption products. Information on the export rules for encryption software; How developers can gain approval in exporting encryption software.
- Eze Castle Consulting unveils real-time chat software. Dabaie, Michael; Stirland, Sarah; Forman, Michael; Burger, Andrew // Securities Industry News;07/12/99, Vol. 11 Issue 27, p11
Features Eze Castle Consulting's Ez-Exchange encrypted chat software.