Applying New Technologies' Value Proposition in a Down Economy
- Spying on Corruption. Fulghum, David A. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;7/26/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 28, p57
The article examines electronic surveillance, focusing on computer software and digital communications technology which can monitor financial transactions to detect political corruption. The use of purely optical systems employing photonic switches and fiber optics for data processing and...
- What's New In Surveillance? Abram, Frank // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Mar2003, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p31
Discusses the incorporation of digital signal processing and digital video recorders in security and surveillance systems. Internet Protocol-based cameras; Varieties of digital video recorders; Switching systems; Networking devices.
- TI, Ateme Partner on Video Surveillance. Davis, Jessica // Electronic News;11/17/2003, Vol. 49 Issue 46, pN.PAG
Focuses on the collaboration of Texas Instruments with French video and signal processing hardware and software provider, Ateme, to create a reference design for digital security, called Video Security over Internet Protocol (VSIP). Projected growth of video surveillance from 2003 to 2007;...
- Testing 1,2,3… Testing…. Gager, Russ // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Dec2007, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p52
The article discusses the capabilities and various applications of video analytic software on a digital signal processor (DSP) chip. Carolyn Ramsey of Honeywell Systems Group, believes that DSP chips that provide the power of 10 or more Pentium computers are on the bleeding edge of technology....
- Blue Wave designs scaleable software radio. McHale, John // Military & Aerospace Electronics;Jun98, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p3
Describes the Softband Software Radio Architecture, a scaleable software aimed at military communications and intelligence applications, from Blue Wave Systems. Benefits of the software; Explanations from Joseph Andrulis, vice president of strategic marketing at Blue Wave.
- Analog Devices releases SHARC development tool. McHale, John // Military & Aerospace Electronics;Jun98, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p6
Presents information on the Analog Devices Incorporated's VisualDSP software, in support for the company's SHARC digital signal processor (DSP). Features and benefits; Comments from company officials; Companies that expressed interest for the device.
- DSP Software Crunch. Small, Charles // Electronic News;11/01/99, Vol. 45 Issue 44, p53
Discusses the challenges encountered by programmers and engineers in writing digital signal processing (DSP) software programs. Difficulty in debugging and maintenance; Factors that made DSP code hard to write; Programming process for DSPs.
- Spec integrates DSP into Windows. RN // Electronic Design;9/19/94, Vol. 42 Issue 19, p27
Reports on the release of Microsoft's DSP software architecture and Resource Manager Interface (RMI) specification. Mechanism for managing signal-processing resources; Three-layered architecture; Features of each layer; Application for 32-bit Windows platforms; Computer-component suppliers that...
- Third-party software-development-tool providers. // EDN;4/22/2010, Vol. 55 Issue 8, p36
A directory for third-party software development tool providers specializing in digital-signal processing is presented.