Assessing Workplace Violence Risk to the Business
- Lyginamoji mobingo diagnozavimo instrumentÅ³ analizÄ—. VVEINHARDT, JOLITA; ŽUKAUSKAS, Pranas // Management of Organizations: Systematic Research;2011, Issue 58, p133
The paper analyses and compares the structure of the instruments used by foreign authors to diagnose mobbing, presents the research results and their interpretations. The description of psychological terror at workplaces, formulated by H. Leymann, which distinguishes five main criteria and 45...
- Bexley Council tackles staff violence. // RoSPA Occupational Safety & Health Journal;Aug2003, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p11
Reports the introduction of Violence at Work policy by the Bexley Council in August 2003. Reason for introducing the policy; Seminars and workshops sponsored by the council.
- Workplace violence a growing problem. // Labor Law Journal;Oct95, Vol. 46 Issue 10, p649
The article presents information about the "Work, Stress and Health '95: Creating Healthier Workplaces" forum to prevent and control of violence in the workplace. The forum was held in Washington D.C. and was sponsored by the American Psychological Association, the National Institute for...
- Even personnel staff have been
victims of bullying at work. // Community Care;9/30/2004, Issue 1542, p54
Deals with the prevalence of bullying in the workplace, according to a research by magazine "Personnel Today." Common bullying tactics noted in the workplace; Main reason for the high incidence; Consequences of bullying.
- How to… DEAL WITH ANGER IN THE WORKPLACE. LAPLACA, MARY // Estates Gazette;5/19/2012, Issue 1220, p113
The article offers tips on dealing with anger in the workplace. Employees are suggested to take charge of the encounter when confronted by an angry customer. They are advised to disengage themselves from their own feeling. They are also recommended to develop a plan including a third party...
- Preserve Respect, Safety at Work. Saul, Karen // Credit Union Magazine;Aug2007, Vol. 73 Issue 8, p68
The article offers practical measures to minimize the potential for and magnitude of violent acts. According to the author, there are seven practical measures to control violence in the workplace such as workplace policies, workplace culture and recruiting practices. He added that to provide...
- Violence in the workplace on the rise. Prince, Michael // Business Insurance;5/12/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 19, p1
This article focuses on increase in on-the-job tension stemming from rising layoffs and crashing retirement accounts is resulting in workplace tension. A recent example of workplace violence was the April 8, 2003 deadly shooting of Dr. Brian McGovern at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston...
- How to Handle an Office Bully. Schipper, David // Men's Health;Oct2004, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p114
Offers advice on how to manage an office bully. Initiation of counteroffensive actions; Avoidance of one-on-one meetings; Compilation of records as evidence against the bully.
- Workplace bullying. // Nursing Standard;2/7/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 22, p58
The article presents a self-assessment questionnaire that will help test the knowledge about workplace bullying. The questionnaire composes ten multiple-choice questions which are broadly linked to the learning zone article. Information about the ways how to use the assessment and prize draw is...