News & Analysis
- DHS Releases BAA For Project CHLOE. Biesecker, Calvin // Helicopter News;4/3/2007, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p9
The article reports on the issuance by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) of a Broad Agency Announcement (BAA) to explore the use of high altitude unmanned aircraft vehicles (UAV) to perform counter-Man Portable Air Defense System (MANPADS) missions around U.S. airports. Project...
- A Homeland Security Net Assessment Needed Now! Dahl, Erik J. // Strategic Studies Quarterly;Winter2015, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p62
The concept of net assessment has long been considered an important tool for American national security strategists, and the Pentagon's Office of Net Assessment is widely regarded as a key influence in security planning. However, despite calls by experts for the development of a similar net...
- LOOKING FOR TROUBLE. Marek, Angie C. // U.S. News & World Report;5/7/2007, Vol. 142 Issue 16, p34
The article reports on security measures to prevent attacks by shoulder-fired missiles on U.S. airplanes. Shoulder-fired missiles may be responsible for the downing of helicopters in Iraq. The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is conducting tests of antimissile technology to deflect missiles...
- Homeland Security Focus. McHale, John // Military & Aerospace Electronics;Nov2004, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p14
Reports on developments related to homeland security in the U.S. as of November 2004. Installation of an explosive trace detection technology by the Transportation Security Administration at T.F. Green State Airport in Warwick, Rhode Island; Use of unmanned aerial vehicles to curb illegal...
- Homeland Security Dept.: Is $36.2 Billion Enough? Hughes, David // Aviation Week & Space Technology;2/17/2003, Vol. 158 Issue 7, p57
Focuses on the management of the U.S. Homeland Security Department. Security charges of the department; Estimated budget allocated for the reorganization of the department.
- DHS Expanding Radiation and Nuclear Monitoring Effort to L.A. Biesecker, Calvin // Defense Daily;10/15/2012, Vol. 256 Issue 11, p9
The article reports that the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has said that it will expand its Securing the Cities (STC) program for the New York City region, and also include the Los Angeles, California area. The STC program began in 2006 as a pilot project by DHS in New York City to...
- Deploying Homeland Security Technology. Link, Albert; Henrich, Vincent // Journal of Technology Transfer;Aug2003, Vol. 28 Issue 3/4, p363
An answer to the question of the similarity among the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Intel, and Disney is presented.
- Eight years after 9/11, nation's commitment shows signs of waning. Rogers, Hal // Hill;10/28/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 126, p27
The article focuses on the declining commitment by the federal government and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) for maintaining the national security in the U.S.
- DHS Launches Latest Upgrade Of Information Network. // Defense Daily;9/30/2013, p9
The article offers information about the upgraded features of the Homeland Security Information Network (HSIN) Release 3 system launched by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security for information sharing on homeland security operations.