Southern California Utility Set for $331 Million Refunding
- Calif. IOUs Anticipate Rate Hikes. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;01/04/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31050, p1
Reports on the postponement of Southern California Edison's pollution control bond refunding. Financial position of the utility; Reasons for the postponement of the refunding; Revenue losses of the company.
- California Politicians Mulling Energy, Education Bills. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;8/22/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31208, p44
Reports the debate of legislatures over keeping the Southern California Edison from bankruptcy in San Francisco, California. Consideration of proposals for several general obligation bond measures; Lost of legislative support for keeping the investor-owned utility; Legislative hearing for the...
- Farmington, N.M., offers bondholders chance to redeem. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;03/18/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30601, p3
Reports that holders of a pollution control refunding bonds issued by the city of Farmington, New Mexico have been offered a chance to tender the debt through a modified Dutch auction. Offer from Southern California Edison Co.
- Calif. Kills SCE Bailout, OKs $2.6B Park Bond. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;9/18/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31225, p1
Reports on the consideration of various bills by legislators of California as of September 18, 2001. Votes of legislators for the Southern California Edison Co. bill; Proceeds from the park bond measure; Functionality of the bill passed by the expected Republican candidate for governor next...
- In Midst of California Crisis, MBIA to Make $660,000 Payment on SCE Bonds. Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri; Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;01/19/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31060, p39
Reports that MBIA Insurance Corp. will make 660,000 dollars payment on a series of bonds issued by Southern California Edison Co. Failure of the utility to pay for interests; Structure of the bonds.
- IRS: California utilities won't owe taxes on securitizations. Shah, Angela; Stanton, Michael // Bond Buyer;09/10/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30227, p1
Reports on the US Internal Revenue Service's ruling which does not require utilities in California to pay taxes in bond proceeds as the state deregulates its electric market. Bond issues cleared by the ruling; Importance of the ruling to Southern California Edison Co.; Sale of bonds under the...
- California Cities Eye Renewable Energy Utilities. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;12/15/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32529, p1
The article reports on the effort to create publicly financed renewable-energy generation facilities under community choice aggregation in California communities. The move aims to supplement, if not replace, electricity that is provided by investor-owned utilities Southern California Edison Co....
- California's Silver Lining. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;01/31/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31067, p1
Reports on a silver lining for investors holding bonds backed by Pacific Gas & Electric Co. and Southern California Edison while hoping for a successful resolution of California's electric power crisis. Help provided by a wave of refundings since 1993 that restructured majority of the...
- Far West bond-watch. Figler, Andrea; Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;07/23/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30689, p27
Reports on developments in the bond market in California, Oregon and Utah, compiled as of July 23, 1999. Entry of Southern California Edison and Pacific Gas and Electric to the California Power Exchange's block forwards market; Oregon House of Representatives' passage of a measure that allows...