Harrisburg, Pa., Keeping $25 Million Pledge on Resource Bonds
- Tampa invests in WTE. Geiselman, Bruce // Waste News;03/01/99, Vol. 4 Issue 42, p1
Focuses on the plan of Tampa, Florida to sell $125 million in bonds to finance an overhaul of its McKay Bay waste-to-energy plant. Aim to meet federal emission standards; Construction and related expenses; Favorable credit rating issued by Moody's Investor Service.
- Tampa retrofits a trash burner. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;11/18/96, Vol. 237 Issue 21, p20
Reports on the retrofitting of a combustion technology plant in Tampa, Florida, to be able to handle new pollution-abatement equipment; Tampa's search for a full service vendor to design, build and operate the plant for 20 years.
- New MRF and transfer station. // BioCycle;Aug95, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p25
Reports on the opening of a new materials recovery facility (MRF) in Conway, Arkansas. Amount of recyclables and solid waste materials to handle; Capacity; Materials for recovery; Equipment.
- Materials recovery facilities going strong. Steuteville, Robert // BioCycle;Aug95, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p46
Features the materials recovery facilities in the United States. Advantages of computerized sorting; Flexibility in recovering and recycling materials; Strategies to boost the amount of materials collected and processed; Increase in profitability in the recovery process; Tailoring of techniques...
- Learning the processing business. R.S. // BioCycle;Aug95, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p54
Discusses the improvements at the Atlantic County Utilities Authority (ACUA) material recovery facility operator in New Jersey. Increase in materials processing capabilities; Costs of recycling operations; Break in the bottleneck of the commingled processing line; Installation of eddy current...
- Trends in equipment and processing. Berenyi, Eileen // BioCycle;Aug95, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p58
Presents the result of a survey on materials recovery facilities (MRF) in the United States conducted by the Governmental Advisory Associates (GAA). Increase in number of operating MRFs; Rise in number of materials accepted and processed; Operation by public or private arm.
- Flying low. Grogan, Peter L. // BioCycle;Aug95, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p94
Evaluates the recycling facilities in hotels and airports in Denver, Colorado. Comparison with Canadian tourists' facilities; Lack of education on recycling for airport users.
- Orange County adds `dirty' MRF for blue bags. // BioCycle;Oct95, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p24
Reports on the materials recovery facility in Orange County, Florida that will open in October 1995 designed to receive material from the county's multifamily and commercial recycling program. Facility dubbed as the MRF Blue Bag facility; Participants' bagging of recyclables in blue bags to be...
- Front end diversion at incinerator. // BioCycle;Jan1996, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p24
Reports on the designation of Solid Waste Resource Recovery Plant for diverting solid waste to energy in Fosston, Minnesota. Funding from the Minnesota Office of Environmental Assistance; Supplementation of Minnesota's recycling programs.