Dallas Parkway Plan Faces Lawsuit Demanding New Bond Referendum
- Right-wing targets Vermont. Giordano, Scott A. // Bay Windows;4/21/1999, pN.PAG
Reports on the letter created by the Alliance for Traditional Marriage, a Hawaiian citizens' group, to the residents of Vermont that encourages them to oppose same-sex marriage. Role of the group in the anti-gay voters's referendum in fall 1998; Reference of the letter to two pending cases in...
- ARIZONA: Attorney Backs Tax Vote. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;8/21/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33768, p7
The article provides information on filing of litigation by the Maricopa County, Arizona Attorney Bill Montgomery in support of an effort by the city council of Glendale, Arizona on a referendum on sales tax hike that was earlier approved by the council.
- New Litigation Issues May Impact Certification of Fitness Professionals. Herbert, David L. // Sports Medicine Standards & Malpractice Reporter;Jan2008, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p8
This article offers information on the lawsuit filed by the National Strength and Conditioning Association Certification Commission against the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) in El Paso County, Colorado. The complaint raised important issues to the entire accreditation...
- New Litigation Issues May Impact Certification of Fitness Professionals. Herbert, David L. // Exercise Standards & Malpractice Reporter;Dec2007, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p81
This article presents information on the lawsuit filed by the National Strength and Conditioning Association Certification Commission by the National Strength and Conditioning Association in El Paso County, Colorado. The complaint raised important issues to the entire accreditation process for...
- Former owners clash over demise of RFW. Hull, Tim // Inside Tucson Business;6/25/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 14
Reports the conflict between owners of organizations in Tucson, Arizona. Details on the lawsuit filed against Nancy Faville, former president of Resources For Business; Competition with Resources For Women; Financial problems of the organizations.
- Volunteer leaders as spokespeople. Jacobs, Jerald A. // Association Management;Jan1998, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p116
Looks at legal concerns relating to public relations activities of association. Importance of avoiding defamation; Benefits of not engaging in communication which can be construed as fostering agreements in violation of antitrust laws; Risk of claims for personal injuries or property damage.
- Tennessee Association Sues Blogger-Member. // Community Association Management Insider;Jun2010, Vol. 9 Issue 13, p1
The article reports on the move of Tennesse Association to file a one million dollar lawsuit against one of its members who allegedly used a blog to criticize its general manager and board of directors for violating state law in Gatlinburg.
- ONWARD...THRU THE FOG. Anderson, David // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);10/17/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 42, p15
The article presents the author's defense to the Bosque County Institute and Outreach Ministry of Deeply Intense Thought and Semi-Factual Information against those who throw issues at it.
- CSW parade leaders sued. // Advocate;8/16/72, Issue 92, p3
Reports on the small claims suit filed by Emmaus House against D.L. Perry and certain Gary of the Christopher Street Parade Committee in San Francisco, California.