Puerto Rico, Calif., and Northeast Provide Pre-Holiday Cheer
- Collateralized securities. // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/12/98, Vol. 64 Issue 41, p25
Presents statistics of collateralized securities offered by financial institutions for January to September 1997 and January to September 1998. Companies cited includes Lehman Brothers, Salomon Smith Barney and Merrill Lynch; Amount of issues; Ranking.
- FIGs. Santini, Laura // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/23/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 41, p32
Presents an overview of the securities market for financial institutions group, compiled as of October 19, 2000. Underwriting volume; Underwriting fees; Announced global merger and acquisition (M&A) deals; Equity deals; Debt deals; Equity underwriting calendar; Top issues managers; Global...
- RATINGS WATCH. // Asset Securitization Report;8/20/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 33, p29
Presents charts depicting securities of financial institutions in the United States. Increase in shares of American Southwest Financial; Shares of Edison Asset Securitization LLC; Stability of shares in Americas Trust.
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: FIGs. Santini, Laura // Investment Dealers' Digest;2/17/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 7, p44
Presents statistical data on investment made by financial companies in income growth securities. Agreement between Weisel Parners with state and federal regulators to settle their claims over research conflicts; Announcement of global acquisition and merger deals in income growth securities as...
- State rules for bank brokerages advance. Winokur, Cheryl // American Banker;8/11/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 152, p11
Reports that for the securities sales at banks and other financial institutions, security regulators are getting ready to present states with model rules. Version of the guidelines from the committee of the North American Securities Administrators Association Inc.; Resemblance fo the draft...
- Securities Regulation in Canada: White Paper Aims at Change. // Canadian Investment Review;Winter2002, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p9
Presents arguments which calls for strategies to improve securities regulation in Canada, as of 2002. Details on the white paper released by the Capital Markets Institute and the Canadian Foundation for Investor Education; Strengths and weaknesses of proposals for reform; Factors to consider...
- Editorial. Beckett, Simon // Journal of Securities Operations & Custody;May2011, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p5
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including risk and operational challenges of the new economic environment, financial institutions, and developments and practice in meeting the ongoing business of securities operations and custody.
- In a Mixed Year, Underwriting Fees Increase, But Suffering is Widespread. Tunick, Britt; Burns, Mairin // Investment Dealers' Digest;02/05/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 5, p16
Reports that 2000 was a mixed year for underwriting fees by financial institutions in New York City. Highest earnings gained by Goldman Sachs and Credit Suisse First Boston; Average fee on non-fund initial public offerings (IPO); Declines in average fees in investment and non-investment grade;...
- FIGs. Santini, Laura // Investment Dealers' Digest;02/05/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 5, p54
Presents figures concerning financial institutions groups (FIG). Underwriting volume as of January 26, 2001; Volume by product; Underwriting fees; Global merger and acquisition deals; Equity deals; Debt deals; Top issues managers.
- SECURITIES FIRMS. Patta, Gig // San Diego Business Journal;4/30/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 18, p16
Ranks the top securities firms in the San Diego, California area according to number of local registered brokers as of February 1, 2001. Top position taken by the TD Waterhouse Group Inc.; Number of full-time employees; Number of states licensed in; Number of offices; Products and services...