Attorneys Expect More Tax-Exempts for Charter Schools
- Colorado charter schools will enter tax-exempt arena with upcoming deal. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;07/31/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30447, p1
Announces the plan of charter schools in Colorado to sell two tax-exempt bond issues through the Colorado Educational and Cultural Facilities Authority in August 1998. Terms of the two deals; Implications of the two deals for charter schools in the state; Ruling made by the Internal Revenue...
- Colorado Charter School Deal Marks a First for the State. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/2/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32394, p6
The article reports that the Colorado Education and Cultural Facilities Authority will be offering an $8.2 million unrated charter school revenue bonds in June 2006. The tax-exempt bonds will finance the Banning Lewis Ranch Academy, the state's first true developer-driven charter school. The...
- Charters Stand Alone. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/24/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32203, p1
Reports that the Chandler Park Academy and the Detroit Community High School became the first two charter schools to issue tax-exempt bonds as stand alone credits in Detroit, Michigan. Use of the proceeds from the Chandler deal to buy a new building for the school; Net interest cost and total...
- Arkansas charter schools give rise to questions of possible bond sales. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;01/13/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30807, p3
Reports on the Arkansas Board of Education's approval of the state's first charter school as of January 13, 2000. Municipal bond market analysts' evaluation of charter schools' tax-exempt financing status.
- Court Upholds Legality of Bond Sale to Renovate Chicago's Soldier Field. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/24/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31578, p40
Reports on Illinois Supreme Court's decision to dismiss a lawsuit that challenged legislation permitting the sale of $400 million of tax-exempt bonds. Utilization of the proceeds from the sale; Opinions about the court's decision.
- Short-Term Tax-Exempt Yields. // Bond Buyer;6/28/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31170, p39
Presents information about short-term tax-exempt yields in the U.S. as of June 28, 2001.
- Short-Term Tax-Exempt Yields. // Bond Buyer;10/24/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31250, p40
Presents information about several short-term tax-exempt yields in the U.S. as of October 24, 2001.
- Short-Term Tax-Exempt Yields. // Bond Buyer;11/2/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31257, p40
Presents statistics on short-term tax-exempt securities in the U.S. as of November 02, 2001. Securities for which the data between November 02, 2000 and November 01, 2002 is provided; Estimated rates of the 30-Day commercial paper; Variable-rate demand statistics of Lehman Brothers Money Market...
- Short-Term Tax-Exempt Yields. // Bond Buyer;11/8/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31261, p37
Presents short-term tax-exempt yields for securities in the U.S. as of November 08, 2001. Variable rate demand for municipal bonds; Money market municipal index for bonds.