NEWS IN BRIEF
- The Return of Nassau. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;12/8/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31776, p41
Reports that Nassau County, New York, has sold two series of notes. Creation of the Nassau County Interim Finance Authority (NIFA); Assessment of the yields on notes and broad market indexes; Requirement of note sales for NIFA; Cost of issuance.
- Nassau County, N.Y'S Proposed Tobacco Deal Draws NIFA Criticism. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;3/8/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32334, p3
The article reports that the Nassau County Interim Finance Authority (NIFA) in New York, opposes the Long Island country's plan to sell $120 million of tobacco bonds to come up with money to help the Nassau Health Care Corp. According to NIFA, an operational need does not justify long-term...
- Nassau Interim Authority Approves $100M in Bonds. Coen, Andrew // Bondbuyer.com;3/24/2015, p6
The article reports on the 100 million dollars in bonds approved by the Nassau County Interim Finance Authorityin Long Island, New York for use to finance public works projects aimed at improving aging infrastructure.
- Nassau May Be at Fiscal Turning Point. Ryst, Sonja // Bond Buyer;06/29/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30923, p1
Reports that the Nassau Interim Finance Authority in Nassau County, New York held a meeting after Standard & Poor's Corp. downgraded the county's finances. Appointment of Richard Luke as executive director and treasurer; Plan to reduce the county's budget for 2000; Oversight responsibilities of...
- N.Y.'s Nassau County Looks Beyond NIFA. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;3/12/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32834, p1
The article reports on the support of officials in Nassau County, New York, for a legislative bill that would allow the state to refund bonds issued by the Nassau County Interim Finance Authority (NIFA). The bill would amend a state local finance law that prevents the county from refunding...
- This Ain't Your Father's Buffalo: Upstate City Shines as Nassau Sinks. PHILLIPS, TED // Bond Buyer;2/7/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33462, p8
The article reports on the trading of Buffalo and Nassau's municipal bonds in New York. Buffalo readies its general obligation refunding bond worth 35.7 million dollars for trading in the first week of February 2011, while local officials sued Nassau County Interim Finance Authority to block its...
- Nassau County, N.Y., Debates Budget As Democrats, Republicans Sling Mud. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;10/31/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31255, p4
Reports on the legislative proceedings on budget for 2002 in Nassau County, New York. Provisions of the bill; Arguments of Republicans over the provisions of the bill; Review of the bill by the Nassau County Interim Finance Authority.
- Nassau Watchdog Agency Leaves County's Finances Alone, For Now. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;1/3/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33443, p7
The article reports that the Nassau Interim Finance Authority (NIFA) has prompted the local government to provide additional local budget information before they will take action on the public finances in Nassau County, New York.
- NIFA Hovers Over Nassau. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;12/27/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33439, p9
The article reports on the plan of the Nassau County Interim Finance Authority (NIFA) to impose a formal control period in Nassau County, New York as deliberated during the December 23, 2010 meeting.