Dealers Should Think Twice Before Exiting Bond Business
- Prudential Reinforces Florida Operation, Hires New VP. Carpenter, Sheri // Bond Buyer;03/27/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30857, p4
Focuses on the plans by Prudential Securities Inc. to boost its public finance operation in Miami, Florida. Executives appointed to manage the operation; Stages of the company's expansion plan.
- With New Focus, Prudential Ends Senior-Managed Deals. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;11/02/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31009, p1
Reports that Prudential Securities Inc. is stopping its participation in municipal bond deals as senior manager following its decision to drop public finance as part of its move to become a retail-oriented firm. Volume of pending deals; Absence of a final decision on the firm's participation in...
- Pru's Million-Dollar Brokers Grumble. Chapelle, Tony // On Wall Street;Aug2001, Vol. 11 Issue 8, pN.PAG
Focuses on complaints of brokers at Prudential Securities Inc.'s Special Accounts Group in New York City. Problems that the New York City branch faces; Departure of the company from the investment banking business; Dissatisfaction among brokers in the branch who are under an obligation to stay.
- A bystander in the merger game, Pru Securities starts to prowl. Copulsky, Erica // Investment Dealers' Digest;07/21/97, Vol. 63 Issue 29, p6
Reports on the search for firms interested to merge with Prudential Securities Inc. Motivation for Prudential officials to make the purchase; Strategies for building an investment banking franchise after future mergers; Comments from Prudential officials.
- Prudential gets socked again. Harrington, John // Crain's New York Business;7/18/94, Vol. 10 Issue 29, p30
Reports on Prudential Securities Inc.'s legal problems. Total legal bill; Amount set aside in 1993; After-tax loss.
- Pru on commissions. Harrington, John // Crain's New York Business;4/3/95, Vol. 11 Issue 14, p34
Reports on the decision of Prudential Securities Inc. to eliminate its policy of giving high commissions to brokers who sell in-house products to avoid conflicts of interest.
- Pru Shuts Branch in Beverly Hills. Chapelle, Tony // On Wall Street;Sep2002, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p28
Talks about the closure of the Beverly Hills office of Prudential Securities Inc. and the branch's merger with the Century City branch in California. Total number of brokers in the merged branch; Financial problems of the Beverly Hills office.
- The rock is on a roll. Birger, Jon // Crain's New York Business;10/27/97, Vol. 13 Issue 43, p1
Focuses on the success of Prudential Securities Incorporated's investment banking division, as of October, 1997. Revenue generated by the division in 1996; How the company increased its market share in initial public offerings, mergers and acquisitions, and in high-yield bond underwriting.
- Partnership payout. Rubin, Rita; Newman, Richard J. // U.S. News & World Report;1/9/95, Vol. 118 Issue 1, p62
Gives information on claims for a part of the settlement fund set up by Prudential Securities in 1993 to compensate investors in limited partnerships that went sour after being sold in the 1980s. Date when claims must be filed by; Contact point.