Using Munis to Fund a Child's College Education
- Using Munis to Fund a Child's College Education. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;12/04/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31029, p20
Reports on the use of municipal bonds to fund a child's college education.
- Treasury Seeks Comments on College Savings Plans. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;7/30/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33158, p27
The article reports on the move of the U.S. Treasury Department to seek public comments regarding tax-advantaged college savings plans which involve municipal securities. The treasury will also ask opinions from the public whether tax subsidies are the most cost-effective way to make college...
- States' College-Savings Programs Have Them Seeking SEC's Guidance. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;10/20/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30503, p1
Reports that a growing number of states setting up college-savings and prepaid tuition plans are seeking guidance from the United States Securities and Exchange Commission. Seeking of assurances that the programs and involved state officials will not trigger securities or broker-dealer...
- Growing New York County doubles its debt load with new GO issue. Roy, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p1
Reports on Orange County, New York's plan to issue $60 million in bonds in August 1997. Concerns about population growth; Population figures from the 1970s to the 1990s; Graph comparing the results of bond issuance from 1991-1996.
- High-yield scarcity helps sale of a nonrated sewer refunding in Alabama. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p7
Reports on the growing popularity of high-yielding municipal bonds among investors. Bonds issue by Parish, Alabama in August 1997; Sale of New Orleans general obligation bonds; Prices.
- The Bond Buyer new-issue calendar. // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p8
Presents a listing of municipal bond and note offerings announced in August 1997. Competitive bond offerings; Competitive note offerings; Negotiated bonds; Issuer; Description; Amount; Financial adviser; Maturing.
- Sealed bids invited. Parkes, Tim // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p12
Presents a listing of municipal bond offerings announced in August 1997. Bond offerings in Arkansas; Connecticut; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Texas.
- Results of negotiated sales. Tracey, Yvonne; Roggio, Lillian // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p15
Reports on the results of negotiated municipal bond sales completed in July-August 1997. California Economic Development Financing Authority; Macon-Bibb County Urban Development Authority; Cohasset, Minnesota; Taxable issues.
- Results of competitive sales. Herring, Felita; Alcoba, Marcello // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p20
Reports on the results of competitive municipal bond sales announced in August 1997. Bond sale by Henry County, Alabama; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Kansas.