Jobless Claims Up 7,000 to 336,000
- Job market continues to recover. // Las Vegas Business Press;5/27/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 21, p3
Reports the recovery of the job market in Nevada. Decline in the unemployment rate; Number of unemployed locals of the state; Parallelism to the declining unemployment rate in California.
- Economy forges strongest job growth in 15 years. // Infomat: A Weekly Review;1/17/2003, p1
Reports on job growth in Canada in 2002. Unemployment rate; Data from the Labour Force Survey for December 2002.
- Education is key to unlocking door of opportunity. Lockhart, Lee // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;10/1/2001, Issue 322832, p38
Comments on the unemployment problems in Central Valley, California. Factors to consider for the increasing unemployment in the place; Need to improve and develop the job skills of unemployed individual; Significance of agriculture-based jobs for the alleviation of unemployment.
- Jobs Outlook: Retail's Buildup Could Give Way to Competition. Vyas, Rajiv // Orange County Business Journal;10/7/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 40, p11
Focuses on the unemployment scenario in Orange County, California. Job losses in technology and manufacturing areas; Fast growth of retail, construction and business services; Slow growth of government jobs.
- Annual Job Losses Continue For The Alamo Region While Unemployment Rate Jumps. // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);7/22/2009, Vol. 26 Issue 29, p1
The article reports on the decline of job growth and increase of unemployment rate in San Antonio, Texas, as cited by the Workforce Solutions Alamo.
- The Decline of the Steady Job in Latin America. VILAS, CARLOS; ELLNER, STEVE // NACLA Report on the Americas;Jan/Feb99, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p15
Reports on the status of job security in Latin America. Growth in unemployment rate; Factor that erased the boundaries between formal and informal activity; Status of industrial employment; Factors that contributed to rising unemployment.
- Job gains drop Tucson unemployment to 6.7%. // Inside Tucson Business;4/5/2013, Vol. 22 Issue 45, p3
The article focuses on the report of the Arizona Department of Statistics which shows that the new job gains in education, hospitality, and construction has driven the unemployment rate in Tucson, Arizona to decrease by 6.7% in February 2013.
- Local Unemployment Drops in February. // San Diego Business Journal;3/25/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p6
Reports the decline of the local unemployment in San Diego, California. Identification of job contributors; Total of non-farm jobs.
- It's Never Been better. OC Jobless Rate at All-Time Low. Herndon, Sabine; Brennan, Peter // Orange County Business Journal;02/01/99, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the job market of Orange County, California as of February 1999. Annual unemployment rate; Development of post-agricultural economy; Demand for workers.