California to Pool Tobacco Settlement
- Moody's: Tobacco issuance to double. Musero, Frank // Asset Securitization Report;2/5/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 5, p8
Reports on tobacco securitization trend in the U.S. Amount of issuance for tobacco securitization; Securitization deals of Bear Stearns & Co. Inc. and Salomon Smith Barney Inc.; Securitization transactions sponsored by various states.
- Colorado Defeats Tobacco Bond Bill. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;05/04/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30884, p2
Reports that the Colorado General Assembly has shot down a tobacco securitization bill. Provisions of the bill.
- Before Securitizing Tobacco Cash, States Need to Know Why. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;06/14/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30912, p6
Focuses on the securitization of tobacco settlement proceeds in the United States. Uses of the proceeds; Diversion of tobacco company revenues.
- Fearful of getting burned. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;03/13/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30847, p1
Reports that some states in the United States that will receive a share of settlement money from the tobacco industry are saying no to securitizing settlement funds. Risks of securitizing tobacco settlement money; Impact of asset-backed financing on taxpayers.
- Tobacco Plan Snuffed. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;1/3/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33443, p9
The article reports on the tobacco securitization in New Hampshire.
- Tobacco Team Picked. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;07/31/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30943, p1
Reports on the selection of a financial team of San Diego County, California to securitize its share of the tobacco settlement. Hiring of Orrick Herrington & Sutcliffe as the bond counsel; Amount of tobacco money that will be received by the county.
- List narrows for Michigan's life-sciences money. Roush, Matt // Crain's Detroit Business;11/06/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 45, p52
Reports on the appointment of a committee by Michigan to determine the use of money coming from tobacco litigation settlement. Funding of the Michigan Life Sciences Corridor.
- Putting a value on addiction. Reinebach, Adam // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/13/99, Vol. 65 Issue 49, p38
Focuses on the New York City, New York tobacco settlement asset-backed securities (ABS). Largest categories of consumer spending linked with ABS deals; Reasons for the selection of New York as the target of the settlement securitization; Difficulties encountered by bankers in formulating the...
- Connecticut, Fresh Out of Ideas, Looks to Securitizing Tobacco. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;7/31/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31689, p1
Reports on the plan of Connecticut lawmakers to securitize future payments from the 1998 Master Settlement Agreement with five tobacco companies to bolster the state's general fund. Reason provided by policy director for the government's budget office Juile Cammerata regarding the proposed...