Hostile Children Fight Unemployment
- Bad Behavior. Bertucco, Marc // Psychology Today;May/Jun2001, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p28
Focuses on the results of studies which aimed to analyze the relationship between self-esteem and aggressive behavior in children. Factors which contribute to the aggressive and violent behavior of children; Concept of moralistic violence.
- 'I Don't Want That Baby!'. Brodkin, Adele M. // Early Childhood Today;Sep2002, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p26
Provides ways to remedy the aggressive behavior of a child in school whose parents have adopted a baby. Suggestions for teachers in addressing the issue; Actions to be taken by parents.
- Alternatives to violence. // Mothering;May/Jun98, Issue 88, p50
Provides information on several alternatives in managing violent behavior. Connection between violent behavior in young men and an imbalance in copper and zinc levels in the body; Role of Lopez Espindola on changing violent feelings in children; Information on Mothers Against Gangs, a center...
- Just Who Are These �Bad Guys� Anyway? An Attempt at Redirecting Children's Aggressive Play. Fortis-Diaz, Elizabeth // Early Childhood Education Journal;Jun98, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p233
Twenty-four kindergarten children were observed in their classroom during several periods of free play. Particular attention was given to the occurrences of aggression in their play and the circumstances surrounding them. Different strategies were implemented in an effort to redirect the...
- KIDS HURTING KIDS: BULLIES IN THE SCHOOLYARD. Smith-Heavenrich, Sue // Mothering;May/Jun2001, Issue 106, p70
Focuses on the issues relating to bullying in schools, how to protect children and how parents and teachers can help. INSETS: DON'T JUST STAND THERE!;Norway Solution.
- Today's Bullies, Tomorrow's Criminals. // Futurist;Nov/Dec87, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p5
Reveals that young bullies are more likely than other children to become criminals and suffer from family and professional problems in adult life, according to experts at a bullying practicum sponsored by the National School Safety Center. Aggressive behavior patterns of bullying.
- The development of agressive behaviour during childhood: What have we learned in the past century? Tremblay, Richard E. // International Journal of Behavioral Development;Jun2000, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p129
Research on human aggression has been a flourishing industry in the 20th century. As the attention shifted from an instinctual paradigm to a drive paradigm and a social learning paradigm, what have we learned on the development of aggressive behaviour during childhood? Are children born with an...
- Interpersonal and Achievement Orientations and Specific Stressors Predicting Depressive and Aggressive Symptoms in Children. Little, Stephanie A.; Garber, Judy // Cognitive Therapy & Research;Dec2000, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p651
This prospective study of 486 fifth and sixth grade children examined the contributions of interpersonal (Neediness and Connectedness) and achievement (Self-Criticism and Individualistic-Achievement) orientations, specific stressors, and their interactions to the prediction of depressive...
- Feedback on a Multimedia Violence Prevention Program. Scholer, Seth J.; Goad, Sharon // Clinical Pediatrics;Nov/Dec2003, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p789
The objective of this study is to describe feedback on a multimedia violence prevention program. Professionals and laypersons provided feedback regarding a multimedia CD program by completing an anonymous form. Feedback was obtained from 66% of participants (314). In general, participants felt...