McGraw-Hill Puts Music Appreciation Course Online For College Students
- An analysis of required computer competencies for university students. Furst-Bowe, Julie; Boger, Carl // Journal of Research on Computing in Education;Winter95/96, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p175
Presents a study which analyzed the required computer competencies of students at the University of Wisconsin. Survey which aimed to obtain data on required computer competencies; Computer utilization; Curriculum design; Instructional objectives.
- Customer service factors of a Telematic Learning BBA degree. Bisschoff, C.A.; Bisschoff, A. // South African Journal of Education;Nov2001, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p228
Evaluates the customer service factors of a telematic learning systems (TLS) in South Africa. Accessibility of tertiary education; Features of TLS; Objectives of TLS.
- Internet2. EVELYN, JAMILAH // Community College Week;02/08/99, Vol. 11 Issue 14, p6
Focuses on Internet2, an advanced computer networking system that is expected to revolutionize higher education. Significance of the project; Efforts to transform colleges and universities through information technology; Two possibilities for community and other small colleges to become more...
- Davenport's Online MBA Listed At The Top. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;12/03/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 49, pB1
Highlights the 'U.S. News and World Report's' naming of Grand Rapids, Michigan-based Davenport University as having one of the nation's top electronic learning programs for higher education in business administration. Reasons for the award; Estimated number of students taking the electronic...
- Using Autography in Tynemouth College. Catley, Alan // Micromath;Summer2003, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p25
Describes Tynemouth College's use of Autograph software for the study and teaching of statistical data. Structured individual learning; Modeling of Autograph on the format of standard Microsoft applications; Users' ability to visualize concepts through Autograph.
- CPE reaching cyberspace. Kahan, Stuart // Practical Accountant;Jan97, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p45
Discusses the proliferation of continuing professional education (CPE) courses in the Internet. Announcement by CCH Inc. of courses for tax professionals to earn CPE credits; Cost of the courses; Instant availability of CPE courses; Increase of the availability of CPE by the American Institute...
- Web Page and Online Response Activities in an Undergraduate Nutrition Education Course. Rodriguez, Judith C. // Journal of Nutrition Education;Mar/Apr2000, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p121
Focuses on the use of Web page and online response activities in undergraduate nutrition education course. Target audience; Objectives of the activities; Evaluation; Educational competencies that can be met with the use of Web page-making activities.
- Telematic education raises numbers. // Finance Week;08/13/99, p32
Reports on telematic courses offered at higher education institutions in South Africa. Telematic tuition system at the Potchefstroom University for Christian Higher Education; Use of technology.
- Improving Undergraduate Learning with Computer-Assisted Assessment. Gretes, John A.; Green, Michael // Journal of Research on Computing in Education;Fall2000, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p46
This article reports two studies on the use of computerized practice tests in an undergraduate education course. In study one, students who took computerized practice exams averaged one-half letter grade higher than students who did not take computerized practice exams, and they exhibited...