- Illinois Sports Authority Captures 5% Savings on Refunding. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/13/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34160, p1
The article reports on more than 5 percent savings recorded by the Illinois Sports Facilities Authority on refunding, that resulted in easing its debt service. It reveals that the refunded amount originally provided financing for the reconstruction of the National Football League's Chicago Bears...
- Doing the deal: A plan to create the 51st state. Snyder, David // Crain's Chicago Business;12/4/95, Vol. 18 Issue 49, p13
Opinion. Comments on the relocation plan of the Chicago Bears football team to Gary, Indiana. Proposal to merge the cities of Chicago and Gary; Areas where the two cities complement each other.
- The Chicago Bears. // Newsweek;12/2/1985, Vol. 106 Issue 23, p74
The Chicago Bears have ushered in spontaneity, comic relief, just when it seemed football was doomed to an era of programmed predictability.
- Chicago Bears. Mullin, John // Sporting News;1/27/97, Vol. 221 Issue 4, p25
No abstract available.
- Bears line up option play on potential site. Scott, Chris // Crain's Chicago Business;5/8/95, Vol. 18 Issue 19, p6
Reports on the Chicago Bears football team's payment for an option to buy a 200-acre parcel in Hoffman Estates in Illinois as a site for a football facility. Location of the parcel; Team's contract to play in Soldier Field stadium in Chicago, Illinois until 1999; Proposal from developer Stein...
- Chicago's qb quagmire. King, Peter // Sports Illustrated;11/03/97, Vol. 87 Issue 18, p78
Presents a chart of the Chicago Bears quarterbacks who played exclusively before and after the 1984-1991 success, ranked by wins in games they started. Quarterbacks including Bob Avellini, Mike Phipps, Vince Evans, Bobby Douglass, Erik Kramer, Steve Walsh, Jack Concannon, Dave Krieg and Gary Huff.
- Indiana's money bait for Bears. Borden, Jeff // Crain's Chicago Business;1/8/96, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p1
Reports that stadium negotiations between the Chicago Bears football team and Northwest Indiana Hoosiers are nearing completion. Status of key details; Payment of 50% of construction cost by Chicago Bears; Expectation of end to financial agreement between Bears and Hoosiers.
- Chicago Bears. Mullin, John // Sporting News;7/1/96, Vol. 220 Issue 27, p35
Updates on various issues concerning the Chicago Bears as of July 1, 1996. Team's decision to release backup quarterback Shane Matthews; Decline of Pat Riley's weight; Signing Dave Krieg; Steve Stenstrom as the heir of choice to Erik Kramer.
- Chicago Bears. Mullin, John // Sporting News;7/8/96, Vol. 220 Issue 28, p50
Presents an update on the Chicago Bears football team as of July 8, 1996. Walt Harris as possible choice to play opposite Donnell Woolford on the opening day; Selection of Greg Schiano for the defensive assistant position.