Judge Affirms Highland Park, Mich.'s Reprieve From State Financial Takeover
- Highland Park, Mich., Wins Reprieve From State Takeover. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;12/12/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31035, p4
Reports that a Michigan judge has ruled that, for at least a week, the state cannot take over the finances of the city of Highland Park. Appointment of an emergency financial manager.
- County leads collaborative parks effort. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;10/24/2011, Vol. 29 Issue 43, p3
The article reports on the investigation on One Kent Coalition consolidation proposal to find the financial efficiencies for the fragmented system of city, county, and township parks in Kent County, Grand Rapids, Michigan.
- Lincoln Park set to sell subdivision's final lots. Stopa, Marsha // Crain's Detroit Business;07/28/97, Vol. 13 Issue 30, p35
Cites the plans of Lincoln Park in Wayne County, Michigan, to sell the remaining nine vacant lots in its subdivision located along Saint John street. Average cost of the lots; Construction of custom homes.
- Heartside Park funding plan in works. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;8/26/96, Vol. 14 Issue 35, pB2
Reports on the fiscal plans outlined by Verne Barry, president of Faith Inc. and Downtown Development Authority (DDA) member, for purchasing the necessary land from the DDA and developing the proposed Heartside Park in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Amount needed to obtain the property and develop the...
- Avis park to start work on last phase. Gargaro, Paul // Crain's Detroit Business;08/17/98, Vol. 14 Issue 33, p17
Reports that in Pittsfield Township, Michigan, construction on Avis Farms Research and Business Park's thrid and final phase is expected to start in September, 1998. Plans after the completion of the park; Comments made by John Enos, Pittsfield Township community development director;...
- Chene Park. // Landscape Management;Nov2000, Vol. 39 Issue 11, p40
Describes Chene Park, the 1999 grand winner of the Professional Grounds Management Society for Park, Recreation Area or Athletic Field in Detroit, Michigan. Geographical background of the park; Role of Davey Commercial Grounds Management crew in maintaining the park; Features of the park.
- New Victoria park deal. // Crain's Detroit Business;7/26/93, Vol. 9 Issue 30, p31
Reports on the proposed relocation of a community center in Michigan in favor of the contruction of Victoria Park III. Rezoning of Meharris Park; Opposition by environmental organizations.
- Groups turn vacant lot into park. // Michigan Citizen;10/9/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 48, pA8
The article reports on the partnership between the Mission Continues, the Home Depot Foundation and Volunteers of America to change a vacant lot in Detroit into a Veterans Memorial Park in Michigan in 2011.
- Up, up and away! // Grand Rapids Family Magazine;Jul2009, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p32
The article offers information on summer recreation activities offered at Air Zoo, an aviation museum and amusement park in Kalamazoo, Michigan, which include ride in the PT-17 Boeing Stearman airplane, indoor amusement park rides, and a historic tour through the Michigan Space and Science Center.