As Costs Rise, Battle Wages Over Sanity of Puget Sound Transit
- Projects in Texas and Nevada Picked for TIFIA Loans. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;11/27/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31024, p5
Reports on the selection of two transportation projects in Texas and Nevada to receive federal loans under the Transportation Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act program in the United States. Announcement of the U.S. Department of Transportation; Details of the projects.
- Trends in the Region Bay Area's Big Plans: $25 Billion Over 25 Years for Transport. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;11/2/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31257, p38
Reports on plans of government officials in the San Francisco Bay Area, California for continued growth and expansion of transportation and infrastructure projects in the region for 25 years following 2001. Strategy to be employed for funding the projects; Focus on the maintenance of old...
- Gov't U-turn on road construction pledges. Wylot, Robert // Warsaw Business Journal;12/17/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 51, p9
Reports that the Polish government is turning its back on pre-election pledges to prioritize infrastructure development by reducing transport investment forecasts for 2002. Parliamentary debate over the budget bill for 2002; Reduction of spending on national roads and railway infrastructure;...
- City's big idea: 2nd transit loop. Hinz, Greg // Crain's Chicago Business;4/22/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 16, p1
Reports the mapping plan of the City Hall for upgrade of downtown public transportation system in Chicago, Illinois. Infrastructure projects for the city; Significance of the proposal to Chicago Transit Authority and commuter railroad systems; Views of the business and civic leaders to the...
- Head count. Sell, Christopher // Engineer (00137758);8/6/2004, Vol. 293 Issue 7657, p9
Reports on an infrared device capable of enforcing high occupancy vehicle lanes in Great Britain. Plan to cut congestion and journey times.
- TOWARD DEVELOPING A NATIONAL TRANSPORTATION PLANNING MODEL: A BILEVEL PROGRAMMING APPROACH FOR KOREA. Kim, T. John; Suh, Sunduck // Annals of Regional Science;Feb88 Festschrift Issue, Vol. 22, p65
The paper addresses specific issues associated with solving a bilevel transportation planning model in which public-private interaction is explicitly represented. Provisions for interaction between the public and private sectors in planning models would shed light on many important issues of...
- Arlington public transit needs assessed. Sipos, Eric // Fort Worth Business Press;11/05/99, Vol. 12 Issue 28, p4
Reports on the assessment of Arlington, Texas' public transit needs. Transit markets; Proposal of the Northern Central Texas Council of Governments.
- When it comes to transportation, every dollar counts. Nelson, Jane // Fort Worth Business Press;02/02/2001, Vol. 13 Issue 41, p31
Comments on the need for transportation infrastructures in Texas. Impact of traffic on business productivity and public safety; Reasons for the diversion of federal finances from highway construction into restricted programs; Recommendation on additional revenue for road construction and...
- Rebuilding Honduras's Infrastructure. Orton, Charles Wesley // World Trade;Sep2001, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p44
Provides information on the conditions of infrastructure in Honduras. Amount invested by the government to rebuild districts in the country in 1999; Driving force behind the decision of Honduras to privatize its main airports; Transportation projects in the country.