- History. // Israel Country Review;2011, p6
The article offers an overview of the political history of Israel from its original inhabitants to the formation of political system.
- War-Related Loss and Suffering in Israeli Society: An Historical Perspective. Bilu, Yoram; Witztum, Eliezer // Israel Studies;Fall2000, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p1
Focuses on the essay involving the social condition of Israel in the first century. Historical perspectives on the master-schema as security-relevant employed in the country; Scrutiny on the loss management and distress of the society; Overview of the interrelations between the societal dilemma...
- Country Overview. // Israel Country Review;2012, p1
The article offers information on the country Israel including its political history, economic conditions and geography.
- Political Conditions. // Israel Country Review;2012, p19
The article provides a historical account of the political conditions in Israel with information on the creation of the state in 1948, the progress and recess undergone by the peace process and the violence during elections.
- 50 years of US policy in the Middle East. Day, Julie Finnin // Christian Science Monitor;9/27/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 213, p5
Presents a timeline which documents the involvement of United States foreign policy with the Middle East. Mention of U.S. recognition of Israel after Israel declared its independence; Arms which the U.S. has sold to Israel, in violation of a decision not to sell arms to the Jewish state;...
- The southern border of Syria reconstructed. Irvine, Stuart A. // Catholic Biblical Quarterly;Jan1994, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p21
Focuses on the political status of Galilee and the long struggle between Syria and Israel for control of the region during Old Testament times. Actions of Tiglath-pileser against Galilean cities in 734-731 B.C.E. in 2 Kings 15:29; Assyrian inscription known as Layard 29b; Summary of Assyria's...
- DRAMA AND IDEOLOGY IN MODERN ISRAEL. Aschkenasy, Nehama // Hebrew Studies;2000, Vol. 41, p359
The article reviews the book "Drama and Ideology in Modern Israel," by Glenda Abramson.
- History. // Israel Country Review;2012, p7
The article provides a historical overview of the politics and government in Israel including its first inhabitants, the establishment of the state of Israel and the war as well as the peace process and associated developments.
- A Forgotten Forerunner: Zelda Popkin's Novels of the Holocaust and the 1948 War. Popkin, Jeremy D. // Shofar: An Interdisciplinary Journal of Jewish Studies;Fall2001, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p36
Explores the life and works of Jewish writer Zelda Popkin in the United States. Composition of one the earliest English novels with a Holocaust theme; First depiction of the Israeli war for independence from Popkin; Description of the literary style of Popkin.