New Group Created from Hopkins-Foley Merger Will Become Big Chicago Player
- Law firm merger comes up short. Strahler, Steven R. // Crain's Chicago Business;6/30/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 26, p1
A law firm merger in late 2000 announced the doubling of Foley & Lardner's Chicago, Illinois office roster. As Chicago's mid-sized law firms consolidate amid a sharp downturn in business, Foley's experience is a cautionary tale for would-be dealmakers. While conceding that hard economic times...
- A CONVERSATION WITH. // Crain's Detroit Business;3/24/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p11
This article presents an interview with Steven Hilfinger, a member of Chicago, Illinois-based law firm Foley & Lardner LLP's mergers and acquisitions (M&A) practice. When asked about the role played by a board of directors in the M&A process, he says that a board can help ensure a transaction...
- Winner: Strength Capital partners L.L.C. Henderson, Tom // Crain's Detroit Business;3/24/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p13
The article informs that Strength Capital Partners LLC's purchase of two Houston companies in July 2007 for $80.5 million has been named the best deal of 2007 in the range of $25 million to $100 million. According to Steven Hilfinger, partner in the Detroit office of Foley & Lardner LLP and a...
- DEALS & DETAILS. // Crain's Detroit Business;1/25/2016, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p0019
The article presents information on various business deals originating from Michigan as of January 25, 2016. Topics discussed include the acquisition of AllGo Embedded Systems Pvt. Ltd., a developer of embedded multimedia systems to vehicle manufacturers, by automotive cockpit electronics...
- Glass Steagall's End Will Stimulate Deals. Pratt, Ben // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;01/10/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p6
Focuses on the implications of the end of Glass Steagall Act limitations on mergers between financial services companies and insurance firms in the United States. Predictions on merger and acquisition activity; Assessment of the forces driving mergers and acquisitions.
- Third Q M&A: Megadeals Roar Back. Cecil, Mark // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;10/02/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 39, p1
Discusses the return of merger and acquisition (M&A) activity in the United States (U.S.) in the third quarter of 2000. Details on the M&A in the financial services sector; Revenues posted by M&A in several sectors of the economy; Details on the M&A completed outside U.S.
- Wall St. hunters become hunted. Gandel, Stephen // Crain's New York Business;09/18/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 38, p1
Focuses on the New York City-based financial services companies which have become acquisition targets. Reasons behind the transformation of firms classified as acquirers into acquisition targets; Price tag for financial acquisitions; Terms of recent acquisition deals.
- Finance sector has busy quarter. Cardona, Mercedes M. // Pensions & Investments;6/12/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p6
Reports on the performance of the banking and finance sector during the first quarter of 1995, according to Merrill Lynch & Co. Increase in merger and acquisition activity; Number and value of deals; Merger deals cited.
- Making change in the financial industry. Larcen, Dell // U.S. Banker;Nov99, Vol. 109 Issue 11, p80
Comments on the challenges of consolidations for United States financial services companies. Preparation for the combination of resources; Development of a plan for dealing with management issues; Maintenance of harmony within the organization.