A Minor Mystery: Despite Retail's Strength, Household Muni Holdings Drop in 3Q
- Current Account Deficit Can't Persist: Greenspan. // Bond Buyer;11/15/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32259, p2
Reports on the pronouncement by U.S. Federal Reserve Board chairman Alan Greenspan that the increasing current account deficit cannot persist indefinitely.
- High rates keep attracting buyers. Ulick, Jake // Bond Buyer;04/30/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30383, p1
Reports on the closing prices of secondary municipal bonds in the United States as of April 29, 1998. Entry of more than $1 billion in new money in the bonds market; Enforcement of cautious pricing strategy since April 27, 1998; Adoption of bias towards tightening interest rates at the US...
- Yield Indexes Show Overall Decline, Following Weak Economic Data. O'Connor, Jeanine // Bond Buyer;06/02/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30904, p35
Focuses on the `Bond Buyer' newspaper's yield indexes on municipal bonds in the United States as of June 2, 2000. Effort by the United States Federal Reserve Board to slow down the US economy; Index of general obligation yields.
- $589 Million Oct. Reversal Helps Year's Muni Fund Performance. Maurice, Alex // Bond Buyer;12/29/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31047, p1
Reports on developments concerning municipal bond mutual funds in the United States for the months of October and November 2000. Total net inflows for the months; Reversal of net cash flow into municipal mutual funds; Net cash outflows.
- Munis Unchanged in Moderate Activity; Over $5 Billion Hits Primary Market. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;10/24/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31498, p2
Reports on activities that took place in the U.S. public finance market on October 24, 2002. Little change in municipal bond yields in moderate activity; Bonds that hit the primary market; Repricing of Massachusetts Bay transportation Authority revenue bonds in the negotiated sector.
- Airport Deals Stacked Up From Cleveland to Chicago to Detroit. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;02/05/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31070, p7
Focuses on three sizable airport issues in the United States as of February 5, 2001. Cleveland, Ohio's revenue offering for a runway construction at Hopkins International Airport; Chicago, Illinois's special facility revenue bonds for United Airlines at O'Hare International Airport; Wayne...
- FAR WEST Bond-Watch. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;04/06/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31113, p35
Presents news briefs pertaining to municipal bonds and public finance as of April 6, 2001. Voters' approval of general obligation bond measures in a municipal election; Idaho Legislature's approval of a proposed tax reduction; Rating assigned by Fitch to school and park bonds that will be sold...
- Public Finance Groups Attack School Bond Restrictions. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;04/25/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31125, p4
Reports on public finance groups' call for members of the United States congressional tax-writing committees to promote school construction by easing several bond restrictions in the tax code. Proposed changes to the tax law to make it easier for school districts to sell bonds; Proposed...
- Regional Wrap. Kruger, Daniel; Albanese, Elizabeth; Shields, Yvette; Whalen, Robert; Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;01/18/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30809, p2A
Presents news briefs pertaining to municipal bonds and public finance in the United States as of January 18, 2000. Possible approval of a constitutional amendment on borrowing practices in New York; Arkansas Board of Education's approval of its first charter.