Illinois Hospital Suit Won't Be Heard Until February
- Corrections. // Bond Buyer;7/24/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32925, p2
Corrections to the articles about a Nebraska court ruling on prepaid gas transactions and on the profile of municipal bond pricing and evaluation services are presented.
- Calif. tax case and L.A.'s DOT lawsuit on Justices' docket. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;10/01/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30738, p5
Reports on the cases `Kimel vs. Florida Board of Regents' and `Vermont Agency of Natural Resources vs. Us., ex rel Stevens' in the United States. Details of the municipal bond cases; Challenge to California's franchise tax.
- ALABAMA: JeffCo Trio Seek Trial Delay. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/23/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33154, p9
The article reports on a second delay of a trial seeking by the three men indicted in a Jefferson County, Alabama sewer bond pay-to-play criminal case. They asked for the second delay because the case is complex and they have not had time to sift through all the discovery evidence. The trial is...
- New Lawsuit Alleges Little Rock Funds Diverted for Clinton Park. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;04/25/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31125, p24
Reports on Little Rock, Arkansas citizen Nora Harris' filing of a second lawsuit alleging that Little Rock illegally issued bonds to pay for the Clinton Presidential Park. Case background; Failure of the first lawsuit filed by Harris.
- California School Bond Program Unfair, Civil Rights Groups Charge. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;03/31/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30861, p3
Reports that civil rights groups sued California to stop the distribution of funds from the school bond measure approved by voters in 1998. Claims that the allocation of funds is discriminatory against minority children; Filing of the lawsuit in behalf of a group of inner-city students and parents.
- Courts Side With Wisconsin Regulator in Ambac Effort. McGee, Patrick // Investment Dealers' Digest;6/4/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 21, p11
The article discusses a court case wherein the plaintiff's motion was denied seeking to stay at the Office of the Commissioner of Insurance from allowing it to settle credit default swap claims owed to major banks.
- Davis Case's Impact Could Be Felt Most in N.Y., California. Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;8/6/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32685, p1
The article reports on the impact of the high court's ruling to uphold the lower court's decision concerning the Kentucky versus Davis Supreme Court case towards the municipal bond market in New York and California. States with high income taxes and frequent issuers could encounter major changes...
- Municipal bond and state and local finance legislative status report. // Bond Buyer;05/07/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30636, p6
Reveals the status as of May 7, 1999 of various municipal bond and local finance legislation in the United States. Includes plan to issue taxable bonds to build and renovate schools; Comparison between existing and proposed laws.
- Stratford, Conn., ready to sell $95 million pension-obligation deal. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;05/19/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30396, p25
Focuses on a plan by the town of Stratford, Connecticut to issue $95 million of taxable pension obligation bonds by July 1, 1998. Stratford Town Council's approval of a proposal made by finance director Edward Gomeau; Utilization of the proceeds to fund the town's pension liability.