Kansas City, Mo., Settles Lease With TWA, Paving Way for Stream of Bonding
- TWA's 2nd-quarter loss bucks industry trend. Velocci Jr., Anthony L. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;7/28/1997, Vol. 147 Issue 4, p43
Focuses on second-quarter 1997 performance of airlines in the United States. Trans World Airlines Inc. (TWA) turning in a $14.4 million loss; TWA's performance as standing out sharply from the rest of the airlines; Income and other financial figures for UAL Corp., US Airways Group Inc., Delta...
- TWA Plots Course To Attain Elusive Profits. Velocci Jr., Anthony L. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;7/31/2000, Vol. 153 Issue 5, p63
Reports on the efforts of Trans World Airlines (TWA) to restore sustainable profitability. Less losses and modest operating income posted in the second quarter of 2000; Reduction of expenses and boosting of productivity.
- Market focus. Velocci Jr., Anthony L. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;11/30/1998, Vol. 149 Issue 22, p13
Presents financial news briefs related to aerospace and aviation industries as of November 30, 1998. Airline stocks' performance; United States revenues for commercial air transport carriers down; Airlines posting largest gains including US Airways Group, AMR Corp. and others; Trans World...
- MIDWEST Bond-Watch. Shields, Yvette; Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;06/28/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30922, p31
Presents a round-up of news about bonds and public finance in the United States Midwest, as of June 28, 2000. Proposal to replace the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority's revenue debt with state-issued debt; Fairborn City (Ohio) School District's plans to sell general obligation bonds; Lease...
- TWA leads U.S. carriers in cutting domestic fares. McKenna, J.T. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;8/21/1989, Vol. 131 Issue 8, p92
Reports that Trans World Airlines, in an effort to boost advance bookings and counter slow summer sales, cut its domestic and international fares. The move was matched by eight other major US airlines, cutting prices by $50 to $160 on a round-trip ticket. Routes affected by cuts; Effects of...
- TWA reveals Human Remains Caring Service. // Translog;Oct92, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p10
Announces Trans World Airlines' Human Remains Caring Service which offers a discount in the fare of family members and friends who escort the remains of military personnel.
- TWA tests ticketless travel in Indianapolis, 3 other cities. // Indianapolis Business Journal;3/25/96, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p53A
Reports on Trans World Airlines' plans to test an electronic ticketing system in Indianapolis, Indiana and three other cities in the United States. Airline's plan to offer ticketless travel in the United States by the summer of 1996.
- Dial M for... Gold, Jacqueline S. // FW;9/1/93, Vol. 162 Issue 17, p36
Focuses on the help extended by the Missouri local government to Trans World Airlines' Chapter 11 bankruptcy state. Crusade to get a cash infusion for the carrier; Money from state investment board; Losses in the first quarter 1993; Flood problem in the state; Tax incentives.
- Two 767 engine shutdowns. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;6/17/85, Vol. 122 Issue 22, p30
Trans World Airway's Boeing 767 pilots shut down engines on two separate occasions over the North Atlantic and flew single-engine diversions to alternate airports, prompting a study of the root causes of the powerplant problems.