Solid-Waste Audits Make Players Reel
- IRS: Attorneys Fingering Each Other for Muni Audits. Duff, Susanna // Bond Buyer;2/24/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31578, p35
Reports on the municipal bond audits conducted by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Types of accounts audited by IRS; Plans of IRS to open audits on federal guarantee transactions in March 2003; Number of audits conducted by IRS at any given time.
- IRS plans to send questionnaires to up to 200 issuers from 1991 and 1992. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;10/26/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30507, p4
Reports that the United States Internal Revenue Service will send questionnaires to 100 to 200 issuers who sold new-money bonds in 1991 and 1992. Expansion of municipal bond audit program; Examination of compliance with arbitrage and spending rules.
- 1RS Closes Audit of $43M Of Colorado School Bonds. DePaul, Jennifer // Bond Buyer;7/30/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33755, p2
The article presents information on the closure of an audit of 43 million U.S. dollars of general obligation bonds issued by the Saint Vrain Valley, Colorado School District by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service.
- IRS Audits Oregon School District. DEPAUL, JENNIFER // Bond Buyer;11/21/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33817, p3
The article informs that the school district of Beaverton, Oregon has issued its general obligation bonds of 149.09 U.S. dollars to the U.S. Internal Revenue Service for auditing.
- Lawyers, IRS official spar over bond audits at ABA meeting. Stanton, Michael // Bond Buyer;08/05/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30202, p6
Reports on bond lawyers' complaints over the US Internal Revenue Service's municipal bond audit program. Taxation of municipal bond interest; Objectives of the agency's audit program; Private-activity bond rules; Correction of inadvertent accounting errors.
- Is the Market Ready to Coexist With the IRS? Stanton, Michael // Bond Buyer;
Reports on the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) municipal bond audit program. IRS enforcement activity; Interest of the IRS in the tobacco settlement bonds.
- IRS Keeps Maryland Agency's '02 Bonds Tax-Exempt. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;8/6/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32934, p6
The article reports on the closure of auditing the $39.3 million of revenue bonds issued by the Maryland Health and Higher Educational Facilities Authority in 2002. The U.S. Internal Revenue Service has closed the arbitrage rebate-related examination without changing the authority's tax-exempt...
- Wyoming County's Waste Coal Refunding Under Audit. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;4/22/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33304, p23
The article reports on the audit conducted by the Internal Revenue Service on the 445 million dollars of industrial development revenue refunding bonds issued by Campbell County, Wyoming.
- Greetings from the IRS. Resnick, Am! B. // Governing;Feb2009, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p44
The article presents the author's views on the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) taking new steps to raise the municipal bonds. He remarks that it will be a challenge for local and state borrowers to face scrutiny from the IRS in the situation when bond issuers are coping with budget stresses,...