Developer of Florida Hotel Is Seeking Bonding Authority
- Connecticut, Stratford officials are eager to discuss town's pension bond plan. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;07/07/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30429, p5
Reports that representatives of Stratford, Connecticut will meet with state officials to settle question regarding legality of the town's plan to issue $95 million in taxable pension obligation bonds. Concerns over the town's unfunded pension liability; Review of the measure by the Office of...
- Report warns pension liabilities could place put 'significant strain' on Atlanta. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;02/01/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30569, p6
Cites Research Atlanta's watchdog report warning about the impact of unfunded pension liabilities in Atlanta, Georgia on operating funds. Potential challenges to higher user fees for maintaining municipal bond floats; Financing plan from Mayor Bill Campbell.
- Stratford, Conn., is confident of power to issue $95 million of pension bonds. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;06/29/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30424, p1
Reports that the city of Stratford, Connecticut plans to push ahead with $95 million of taxable pension bond obligations. Opposition by Linda R. Savitsky, of the state Office of Policy and Management, to the bond issue; Connecticut's law on municipal bonds; Insurance and credit rating of the...
- Bridgeport, Conn., to sell $103M of GOs as part of five-year plan. Harris, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/29/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30797, p1
Reports on the bond offering of Bridgeport, Connecticut scheduled for mid-January 2000. Value of the taxable pension obligation bonds for sale; Requirement of the city government for additional funds to finance real estate projects; Improvement of the economic standing of the locality.
- Michigan treasurer plans to wait for ruling before pushing pension debt. Baar, Aaron // Bond Buyer;07/17/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30189, p1
Reports that Michigan Treasurer Douglas Robert would wait for the state Supreme Court to rule on a pending school funding case before he tries another pension bond issue. State legislature's rejection of a proposal to create an authority to issue $1 billion of taxable bonds to fully fund the...
- Interest in pensin obligation bonds may increase in wake of market turmoil. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;09/29/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30488, p39
Reports that municipalities' rush to finance unfunded pension liabilities with the proceeds of taxable bond issues is likely to increase, according to speakers at the 1998 New England Public Finance Conference. Use of pension funds to eliminate growing liabilities; Consideration of issuing...
- California Voters OK 23 GO Issues. Jensen, Randall // Bond Buyer;6/7/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33727, p5
The article informs that 23 local general obligation bond measures, and landmark pension reform initiatives, were approved by voters in California's primary, held in June 2012.
- Neighboring Chicago Suburbs Prepare Bond Deal To Lower Pension Costs. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/20/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31952, p5
Reports on the preparation of two Chicago suburbs to issue taxable bonds in Illinois. Utilization of the proceeds to pay unfunded pension liabilities; Terms of the transaction; Approval of the bond ordinance by the village and pension fund boards.
- Cincinnati to issue tax-exempts to pay pension fund debt. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;02/23/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30834, p3
Reports that the state of Cincinnati plans to sell tax-exempt, unlimited-tax general obligation bonds. Use of the proceeds to pay off liability to the Ohio Police and Fire Pension Fund; Underwriter assigned to handle the negotiated sale of municipal bonds.