Texas Ports May Merge to Beat Growing Competition
- Bonds Boost Tacoma Projects. // Traffic World;5/10/2004, Vol. 268 Issue 19, p33
Reports on the revenue bond sale for the Port of Tacoma's expansion program. Amount raised from the bond sale; Port of Tacoma's plan to use the cash proceeds for debt service reduction and help fund the capital improvement program.
- Election results. Haywood, Charlesetta // Bond Buyer;10/16/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30253, p14
Presents referendum results in Mississippi and Oklahoma for planned municipal bond offerings. Includes approval in the Oxford School District, Mississippi; Davis School District, Oklahoma; Murray County, Oklahoma.
- Austin to Seek Voters' Approval for $90 Million of Transportation GOs. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;8/9/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33363, p31
The article reports on the planned ballot measure on the 90 million-transportation general obligation bonds in Austin, Texas to be held in November 2010.
- San Antonio Sets GO Date. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;2/21/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33666, p7
The article reports that the San Antonio City Council in Texas has set the election date for the city's request for 596 million dollars of general obligation (GO) bond authority to finance infrastructure projects on May 12, 2012.
- ARIZONA Tucson's Pricey Pamphlet. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;7/24/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33752, p9
The article informs that Tucson, Arizona residents have been asked to submit their opinion in the official voter pamphlet on the Arizona city's 100 million U.S. dollars general obligation bond referendum.
- TEXAS: Where One Vote Mattered. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;5/21/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33915, p9
The article reports that general obligation bond referendum of 30 million U.S. dollars proposed by the Plemons-Stinnett-Phillips Consolidated Independent School District of Texas has passed by a single vote at the polls on May 11, 2013.
- Aurora, Colo., Plans Debt to Deal With Long-Range Issues. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;03/29/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30859, p3
Reports that the officials of Aurora, Colorado, are ironing out the details for a bond issue and a referendum for a second bond issue in November 2000. Part of the city's facilities master plan; Questions to be posed in the city's bond referendum.
- Colorado Issuers May Face Voter-Mandated Tax Cuts. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;05/31/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30902, p4
Reports that Colorado bond issuers begin gearing up for a ballot initiative that can erode their tax bases. Concerns over the impact of the measure on the government's fiscal health and their ability to issue bonds; Reductions proposed for key state and local taxes.
- Voters in Corpus Christi, Texas, To Face $90 Million Bond Decision. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;8/1/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33757, p20
The article reports that the coastal city of Corpus Christi in Texas is facing a dilemma on issuing a total of 90.4 million dollars worth of general obligation bonds in a referendum in 2012.