Highway Construction Expected to Grow 7% to 10% in 2001
- On road, rail and air jobs, it's `show us the money'. Ichniowski, Tom; Cho, Aileen // ENR: Engineering News-Record;1/27/97, Vol. 238 Issue 4, p48
Presents forecasts on road, rail and air transportation contracts for the construction industry in the United States in 1997. Increase in the value of federal-aid highway appropriations under the Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act; Continuation of mass transit projects and bridge...
- Anchorage Construction Industry in Good Shape for 2001. Pokorny, Jeff // Alaska Business Monthly;Feb2001, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p78
Forecasts the performance of the construction industry in Anchorage, Alaska for the year 2001. Implementation of the Statewide Transportation Improvement Program; Continuation of the project at the Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport; List of school projects.
- Changing Lanes: Watch What's Coming on Tomorrow's Roads. Adams, Ronald; Brewer, Terry // Futurist;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p45
Discusses the possibilities for future transportation systems in the U.S. Description of the dangers of mixed-use highways; Way of increasing the capacity of urbanized areas; Information on Intelligent Vehicle Highway Systems; Discussion on proposed systems for right-of-way use.
- Confidence in U.S. construction on the rise. // Underground Construction;Jan1998, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p10
Highlights the CIT Group/Equipment Financing's forecast of a rise in consumers' confidence on the construction industry in the United States in 1998.
- Construction economy outlook. Christie, G.A. // Architectural Record;Nov1987, Vol. 175 Issue 13, p38
Gives a construction economy forecast for 1988. Interest rates; Overview of 1987's construction economy; Industrial and residential building forecast.
- Mid-year industry statistics support respondents' predictions. Burr, John // Business Credit;Sep97, Vol. 99 Issue 8, p10
Presents information on predictions made for the construction industry in the United States, focusing on survey results from The CIT Group/Equipment Financing. Predictions made for growth in 1997; Reasons this prediction was made; Predictions made for sales of equipment.
- Will construction thrive in '95? Mumford, Steve // Buildings;Jan1995, Vol. 89 Issue 1, p38
Presents forecasts for the construction industry in the United States for 1995. Construction cost breakdown in various categories; Income property markets; Factors that affect construction markets.
- Construction's vital signs. Watkins-Miller, Elaine // Buildings;Jan1996, Vol. 90 Issue 1, p42
Presents forecasts regarding the construction industry in the United States. Increase in construction contracts; Increase in modernization projects; Maturing cyclical expansion; Renewed interest for hotel construction.
- Budget cuts dull construction's prospects for the New Year. Wilen, Allan // Builders Merchants Journal;Jan1995, p19
Assesses the performance of the construction industry in Great Britain for the next two years from 1994 to 1996. Decline of bar public non-housing; Recovery of private housing market; Effect of increased taxation and higher interest rates on private housing market; Growth of consumer real...